OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gun Show deals

Started by the Ward, March 28, 2015, 01:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Went over to a small gun show this a.m. at one of our local clubs. Found a couple boxes of old 4x6 duplex Rem 2.25 oz 10 gauge! Can't wait to pattern them if we ever get some decent weather! Also picked up a brand new in the package steel shot H&R marked choke. I have no idea on the constriction yet. They also had a factory H&R turkey choke, also no idea on the constriction but I didn't buy it as I already got enough turkey chokes for the 10! Has anyone shot these shells and if so how did they do?

10gaugemag

I shot a box of the Duplexes when I got my 10 bore over 20 years ago, awesome shooting loads as all of the Remington's have always been in my BPS, #4, #6 or those Duplex loads, love those old camo hulls. At the time I was running a factory full and any of those loads shot better than any other gun/load/choke I had at the time. Turkey killers for sure. Bet they would be pretty good in a .690-.695 choke.

the Ward

Thanks for the info! Yes these are the camo hull ones, copper plated 4x6 2.25 oz. I remember using some of the 12 gauge duplex loads way back in the day but I don't remember how they shot. Pretty excited to try these out!

10gaugemag

Bet they shoot as good as any lead loads you have shot. I have had good luck with Remington turkey loads in all of my guns. I know it goes against the grain but just my experience with them.

nickp

Those shells were mean back in the day.