turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Call Sound Changed!!!

Started by Wrangler95, March 23, 2011, 07:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrangler95

I really like my Primos Power Crystal that I've had for many years,well yesterday something happened to it that changed the sound.I'm going to buy another one at Walmart this week.I guess it was worn out.Ever had this to happen to one of your calls?
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

drum817

Yep...I've had one or two slate calls through the years that have taken a turn for the worse....who knows why  ???
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

bowhunter84

Quote from: drum817 on March 23, 2011, 08:01:22 PM
Yep...I've had one or two slate calls through the years that have taken a turn for the worse....who knows why  ???
:agreed: i've had the same thing happen to me

TANK

If I was you I would open it and make sure you like the sound. I got some on sale one year, and they (4) all sound different............I think it has something to do with them being cheap made.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TANK

Quote from: hookedspur on March 23, 2011, 08:33:40 PM
Has the glue lrt loose ?
After seeing your post it made me think of something.........Doesn't Primos guarantee his stuff????????

GAbird

Replacement idea - David Halloran Crystal Mistress.

doepee

Quote from: Wrangler95 on March 23, 2011, 07:30:18 PM
I really like my Primos Power Crystal that I've had for many years,well yesterday something happened to it that changed the sound.I'm going to buy another one at Walmart this week.I guess it was worn out.Ever had this to happen to one of your calls?
funny you should say that---my power crystal took a crap for some reason this year.... I kept conditioning it but it just sounds dull, not the high frequency it had, its about 5 years old.. That thing used to really sing...  IMO  for 20 bucks it sounded better than some higher end calls that I have bought

harvester

Had a couple so the same thing. Don't know why, they just did. May have gotten to hot or something.

Cut*N*Run

Might have just thinned out the crystal too much from conditioning through the years????

Good excuse to buy a new call at least!

Fox Fire

Hhmm ? now I gotta go dig up my Power Crystal to see what mine sounds like....to be continued.

Found it, it sounds as good now as it ever did, conditioned about half way down, tried sevral strikers, reday to go.

Spring Creek Calls

I had a Quaker Boy glass call in a walnut pot that sounded really good for about 3 years, and then the sound changed dramatically. I tried everything before giving it to my nephew to practice with. How it could change sitting on my workbench is beyond me. I've bought and sold a lot of glass calls since trying to replace it.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

JeffD

It just happens sometimes whether it is a production call or custom. It has happened to me. Just contact the the manufactuer and they will take care of it.....in most instances...whether it is custom or production. JD

doepee

I sent primos a email about my power crystal going dead and they are sending me a brand new one right out ,,, can't beat that for customer service :icon_thumright: