turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wing bone

Started by wisconsinteacher, March 12, 2015, 01:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I have tried to make a few wing bone calls and they look okay but sound too deep to me.  They were made out of male birds that were 2 years old.  I would like to have a call made from a bird I harvested.  Would I be better off sending bones from a spring tom or a fall hen? 

Also, what is the price range for someone to make a call out of a bones from a bird you harvested?

M Sharpe

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on March 12, 2015, 01:39:19 PM
I have tried to make a few wing bone calls and they look okay but sound too deep to me.  They were made out of male birds that were 2 years old.

Yep, that's the reason I'd rather use my bones. The call maker can go through and pick out the best set of bones. When using a specific set of bones, somebody is very likely to be disappointed!! I hate seeing a beautiful bone, then turn it up to find a hole in it as big as a drinking straw......When asked, I tell people they can ship them and one of two things will happen. When I cut the knuckle off of the bone and it looks ok, I'll build them a call. If it doesn't, I ship the bones back to them. Most turkeys up in your region have big bones with big holes in them.

Hen bones are a little different story. But if the hen is too small, then you have a problem mating the bones up!

Mark
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

worth612000

not me, but someone who knows how to use them, they are a realistic sounding call for sure!