OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

For you guys that reload

Started by stringtalker, March 09, 2015, 03:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringtalker

Have you guys that reload ever tried the itx shot in your reloads. Just wandering how it patterns especially in a 20 gauge. A guy here in town loads and sells them for turkeys, its suppose to be heavier than lead also. Thought about given them a try
Douglas

Gobble!

Should be pretty good as long as the guy knows what hes doing. Its heavier than the normal hevishot shells, 13g/cc compared to 12g/cc. Assuming its the ITX Extreme Turkey Trauma-13 hes using.

Snoodsniper

Unless you are completely confident in this guys ability I'd be asking some questions. Before you buy ask him about the components he's using and where he's getting his load data. Make sure he's using data from BPI (Ballistic Products) or another reputable source. As far as I know BPI is the only place to get the proper load data. He should be using buffer for sure and wads specifically for the ITX shot (also  from BPI). Possibly a mylar wrap although I'm not sure its necessary with the proper wads. If he can't answer questions about components and data I'd stick with factory ammo. Going by the book is the only safe way to reload.

zelmo1

:OGani: I shoot my reloads only. Trust but verify. You are liable if you reload them.