OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

hevi shot wad differences

Started by hs strut, March 08, 2015, 08:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hs strut

ive got a question for you guys have any of you had a different wad between 2 shells with magnum blends with the one I had 160-170 in the 10'' my second shell only had 110 in the 10'' when I picked up the wads they were 2 different types
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

drum817

Welcome to hevi shots world....LOL!!!  That company is NOTORIOUS for changing components!!!  That's why I stopped buying their products!!!  Long live Winchester longbeards!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

hs strut

Quote from: drum817 on March 08, 2015, 08:38:45 PM
Welcome to hevi shots world....LOL!!!  That company is NOTORIOUS for changing components!!!  That's why I stopped buying their products!!!  Long live Winchester longbeards!!!
I was able to get the shells kinda cheap my main reason for buying these shells was just to have a backup shell brand my main shell is the lb xrs
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

drum817

Quote from: hs strut on March 08, 2015, 08:42:04 PM
I was able to get the shells kinda cheap my main reason for buying these shells was just to have a backup shell brand my main shell is the lb xrs

When Hevi has their stuff together they are a great load...... But I got VERY frustrated with the inconsistency of the product.... When the longbeards came along (at less than half the price) I ditched hevi like a bad habit.!!!

hs strut

as of now im not buying any more hevi shot

drum817

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: drum817 on March 08, 2015, 08:49:40 PM
Quote from: hs strut on March 08, 2015, 08:42:04 PM

When Hevi has their stuff together they are a great load...... But I got VERY frustrated with the inconsistency of the product.... When the longbeards came along (at less than half the price) I ditched hevi like a bad habit.!!!

X2- same here.I'm done with them.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

davisd9

I am done as well. Shot a new lot of 3.5" 6s and the pattern is way down from my old lots. Fortunately I stocked up from the longbeard craze so I am set a while, but my next shells will be nitro

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Gobble!

With the straight #7s yes. That's the reason I'm shooting Nitros now and reloading my own next year.

Were the shells from the same box and did you clean the barrel/choke between shells? That can make a difference. 

BowBendr

I've never seen 2 different wads come out of the same box of shells.

Sent from Gobblers Knob, NC

hs strut

Quote from: Gobble! on March 08, 2015, 10:31:31 PM
With the straight #7s yes. That's the reason I'm shooting Nitros now and reloading my own next year.

Were the shells from the same box and did you clean the barrel/choke between shells? That can make a difference.
the barrel was cleaned between shots and was cleaned prior to shooting and both shells came from the same box

owlhoot

Quote from: hs strut on March 08, 2015, 11:04:02 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on March 08, 2015, 10:31:31 PM

the barrel was cleaned between shots and was cleaned prior to shooting and both shells came from the same box
NUTS

blueridgegobbler

Don't be so fast to jump on the nitro train the will vary just as much as the hevi loaded stuff. Shot them for years last year they were absolute junk nitro will never be fired from another in my house again totally unacceptable performance from a shell costing that much. Stocked up on longbeards now for more than half the price wont ever look back. Before I ever shoot nitros again I will buy reloading components and load my own.

drum817

Quote from: blueridgegobbler on March 08, 2015, 11:13:15 PM
Don't be so fast to jump on the nitro train the will vary just as much as the hevi loaded stuff. Shot them for years last year they were absolute junk nitro will never be fired from another in my house again totally unacceptable performance from a shell costing that much. Stocked up on longbeards now for more than half the price wont ever look back. Before I ever shoot nitros again I will buy reloading components and load my own.

^^^ THIS^^^

nyhunter

Yep I have had the same trouble with H-13, It's to bad but they are there own worst enemy . They could have the Hevi market all to them selves seeing Federal doesnt wanna ditch the flight control wad. But I'm