OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need a Second Job

Started by zelmo1, March 07, 2015, 09:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

:funnyturkey: I may be needing a second job to support my turkey hunting addiction. The weather here is terrible so I spend more time here, not a bad thing but there are soooo many great call makers and individuals on here with good advice that I have become an addict. Just ordered some calls from Gooserbat, fifth order placed this year so far with vendors on this site. All Positive transactions so far. I have already made plans to hunt with Alloutdoors in NY this year, which may save my season, and am putting the finishing touches on a midwest turkey odyssey for next year to Mo, Ks, and SD. I am glad I have a great wife. I am a good welder and have some HVAC training as well as a people person. I am only kidding, no second job needed. Just some good weather to get out more. Good luck guys and gals.

TauntoHawk

Just re name your tax return "government mandated turkey fund"
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

owlhoot

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 07, 2015, 09:42:53 AM
:funnyturkey: I may be needing a second job to support my turkey hunting addiction. The weather here is terrible so I spend more time here, not a bad thing but there are soooo many great call makers and individuals on here with good advice that I have become an addict. Just ordered some calls from Gooserbat, fifth order placed this year so far with vendors on this site. All Positive transactions so far. I have already made plans to hunt with Alloutdoors in NY this year, which may save my season, and am putting the finishing touches on a midwest turkey odyssey for next year to Mo, Ks, and SD. I am glad I have a great wife. I am a good welder and have some HVAC training as well as a people person. I am only kidding, no second job needed. Just some good weather to get out more. Good luck guys and gals.
Right there with ya,lol :smiley-char092:

zelmo1

I need to look into that whole government funding thing. I have paid in for 32 years they should kick back a couple hundred grand for my "turkey hunting addiction treatment". I do have medical insurance, non Obamacare thank God.

owlhoot

they have HSA   , why not a THSA

GobbleNut

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 07, 2015, 10:01:32 AM
I need to look into that whole government funding thing. I have paid in for 32 years they should kick back a couple hundred grand for my "turkey hunting addiction treatment". I do have medical insurance, non Obamacare thank God.

Maybe us turkey hunters should go for a new program,...we can ask for GobblamaCare for our addiction! ;D :TooFunny:

ericjames

Lol. It gets expensive for sure.

bullet355

A second job! My first one interferes with my turkey hunting too much already.

Gut Pile

Sure seems like the season never ends, it just changes from hunting turkeys and deer to hunting for gear to use when hunting for turkey's and deer. Life is good !!! Have a great season !
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

mgm1955

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Quote from: bullet355 on March 07, 2015, 02:07:59 PM
A second job! My first one interferes with my turkey hunting too much already.

zelmo1

Got an idea. I think the wife needs a second job. I know she will be onboard with that. That way me and the girl can scout and hunt more, GENIUS

owlhoot

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 07, 2015, 07:33:02 PM
Got an idea. I think the wife needs a second job. I know she will be onboard with that. That way me and the girl can scout and hunt more, GENIUS
Oh Ya :TooFunny:
Let us know how that works out for Ya

deerbasshunter3

I don't think my wife knows how much I have spent so far this year on turkey hunting. The good news is that I do know how much she has spent on other stuff.

TauntoHawk

This time of year is rough, mind is scratching at the walls waiting for turkey season haven't hunted deer in months. But it's still 10 degrees and covered in snow outside, not exactly inviting for scouting. It's not ever time to buy ammo and pattern.

So I start playing with calls, then I start buying calls, then I keep buying calls. Next thing I know I've spent a few hundred on calls when I already had a vest full of calls that have all killed a pile of birds already. Then season actually gets here and I need to buy ammo, tags, gas for trips each weekend, maybe camo or boots and I think geeze I wish I hadn't spent so much on all these calls, lol.

I try and separate it like collecting calls and turkey hunting are two hobbies that just so happen to be useful together.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 08, 2015, 09:42:08 PM
This time of year is rough, mind is scratching at the walls waiting for turkey season haven't hunted deer in months. But it's still 10 degrees and covered in snow outside, not exactly inviting for scouting. It's not ever time to buy ammo and pattern.

So I start playing with calls, then I start buying calls, then I keep buying calls. Next thing I know I've spent a few hundred on calls when I already had a vest full of calls that have all killed a pile of birds already. Then season actually gets here and I need to buy ammo, tags, gas for trips each weekend, maybe camo or boots and I think geeze I wish I hadn't spent so much on all these calls, lol.

I try and separate it like collecting calls and turkey hunting are two hobbies that just so happen to be useful together.

I know the feeling.  My buddy let me burrow his new Halloran Metal Mouth for the weekend and I'm trying to convince myself that it won't kill turkeys any better than my tried and true Twisted Sister...
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."