OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pot glue?

Started by Rwgrobe, March 05, 2015, 07:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rwgrobe

I haven't been able to find pipe goop to glue pot calls but found shoe goop at Walmart has anyone tried this and will it work?

Spur806

Never used that, but have never had a problem finding GOOP in a walmart, lowes, or homedepot. Maybe you should try one of those.

mastevt

E6000 is another good option for pots.  I've used it, and it works fine.

DerekDixon

I am new to call making but I have been using liquid nails. They make it in clear and white, have put a few together with clear silicone too. Try looking at Walmart in the paint section.

dreis3

Quote from: mastevt on March 06, 2015, 09:50:42 AM

I use E6000 in all of my calls - haven't had any issues with it (knock on wood)
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

Rwgrobe

Found pipe goop at lowes tonight wasn't in the plumbing department it was in the adhesive aisle with epoxy and Elmer's glue.

TarheelTurk

Quote from: Rwgrobe on March 07, 2015, 12:43:23 AM
Found pipe goop at lowes tonight wasn't in the plumbing department it was in the adhesive aisle with epoxy and Elmer's glue.

Yep same place at our lowes here , walmart the goop was in craft aisle last I checked in our town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

mastevt

Quote from: dreis3 on March 06, 2015, 08:08:44 PM

started using it about a month ago.  Last night I tore down a test pot to see how well it held.  It was as good as Plumbers goop.  I'm liking it more because it's a little more fluid, and smaller nozzel, which makes filling my schringes easier for glue application on the surface ledge.  Highly recommend it.

dreis3

Quote from: mastevt on March 07, 2015, 07:23:18 AM
Quote from: dreis3 on March 06, 2015, 08:08:44 PM

started using it about a month ago.  Last night I tore down a test pot to see how well it held.  It was as good as Plumbers goop.  I'm liking it more because it's a little more fluid, and smaller nozzel, which makes filling my schringes easier for glue application on the surface ledge.  Highly recommend it.

Yeah, I've been using it since I started turning pots about 4 years ago and haven't had any issues at all with it.
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

BOBETZ

I've always used goop.  I'll have to try E6000.  I like the idea of getting it into syringes easier.