News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A few new strikers from Fred Cox

Started by Jbird22, February 25, 2015, 07:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird22

Top - Bottom
1. Tulipwood - I recently spoke with Fred and told him which strikers of his I owned and asked if there were any other he'd recommend. He instantly said Tulipwood was his personal favorite. Well, after running it, I certainly see why! It will flat out sing on EVERY pot call I own including crystal, glass, slate, copper, and aluminum. LOVE this striker and would highly recommend it to anyone!
2. Brown Camo Dymondwood - It makes my Halloran Twisted Sister get flat out nasty. Plenty of volume and deep, authentic rasp. Sounds great on my Woodhaven Cherry Classic Crystal as well. I think this will make for an excellent change-up striker.
3. Canarywood - A must-have striker for anyone who owns a Sneed Hot Hen! I didn't think there was a striker around that could beat my Dad's Persimmon on it but this one just might be the one. It plays the soft stuff exceptionally well and also sounds great at higher volumes. Sounds good on other surfaces as well but stands out on slate.
4. Purpleheart - Sounds good on crystal, glass, and slate like Purpleheart typically does.

If you've never tried any of Fred's strikers I'd highly recommend for you to give them a shot!

hunter22

Nice..... I will try my Canarywood on my Hot Hen. Fred does make some mighty fine strikers.

Hillbilly yelper

Awesome strikers and good info! Do you have his contact information! Thanks!
Tim
New email: lmurdock@k12.wv.us

Jbird22

mgm1955

sbbow

I have his tulipwood it is one of my favorites on all my calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hillbilly yelper

Thanks jbird22, put me a order in last night! Can't wait to get my strikers!
Tim
New email: lmurdock@k12.wv.us

Jbird22

allchokedup

Some good looking strikers.
Thanks, David

Stump.270

I have several f Fred's strikers the dymondwood green/blue is the bomb

Vaughnrp2

The man can make a striker(I love his blood wood) and a killer wingbone

sbbow

I have the same strikers.

TarheelTurk

I have a Ash striker from him to use for some soft calling

Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

SteelerFan

Thanks for the tip - yup, Fred's Canarywood sure does sound nice on the Hot Hen!

Had Fred's Tulipwood, and it rocks the Outlaw Hen green glass and titanium.