OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Poa/poi change

Started by turkey buster, February 22, 2015, 07:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ihuntoldschool

If I were you I would send that barrel to Sumtoy and get that forcing cone lengthened to 2 inches.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: turkey buster on February 22, 2015, 07:33:57 PM
Has anyone other than me seen patterns be dead on and then go shoot again and maybe hit low, low left, right, etc? I'm seeing this in my 40 yard shots and wondering if it's just poor shooting by myself or the pattern shifting slightly. It's never off enough to miss a turkey, but the core of the pattern I'd count in the 10 isn't always where I aim.

What brand and model is your gun?

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Oconeeguy on February 23, 2015, 04:25:48 PM
Sadly, my favorite turkey rig - 26" BPS with IC .665 choke. Both had been deep cleaned beforehand. Thinking a bump of some sort getting it out of the safe. Anyway, it's hoing to cost me some expensive shells to figure out and fix. Soooo busy haven't had a chance to REALLY inspect it close with a magnifying glass, but will when I get back home this weekend.

I have been shooting this combo for a couple hrs now. Perhaps I have a flinch   :angry9:
Are your sights mounted on your receiver or on your barrel (rib)? Did you remove your barrel for cleaning?

Thanks,
Clark

Oconeeguy

Aftermarket sights clamped onto rib with small screws. Barrel cleaned after removing from gun, pretty much the same way every time.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Oconeeguy on February 23, 2015, 09:29:29 PM
Aftermarket sights clamped onto rib with small screws. Barrel cleaned after removing from gun, pretty much the same way every time.

Just checking. Since your sights are on your barrel, removing and installing barrel should have no effect on the POI. If you have the Truglo Pro-Series they just don't move on the rib. It is possible of course that the elevation/windage screw could have loosened and that would cause the problems that you're experiencing.

I've had a number of BPS guns over the years and still have 2 currently. They are very consistent in their patterns with both Hevi-13 and WLB shells with #6 shot. Your problem is a real "head scratcher".

I'll give it some more thought and if I come up with any other ideas, I'll let you know. I'd appreciate it if you also let me know if you figure out what's happening.

Thanks,
Clark

P.S. A flinch for a right hand shooter will almost always result in a low/left hit and the opposite is true for a left hand shooter.

SumToy

Quote from: Ihuntoldschool on February 23, 2015, 04:28:46 PM
If I were you I would send that barrel to Sumtoy and get that forcing cone lengthened to 2 inches.

This don't help much other then with recoil.  Now I have seen some to the guns that are off center some and it helps pattern a lot then. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA