OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

You least favorite surface

Started by Spitten and drummen, February 21, 2015, 09:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

We are always asking what everyone's favorite pot call is and what's their preference on surface. I want to Change it up a bit. I want to know what everyones 2 least favorite pot call surfaces. Everyone has that sound they like and dislike.i will start out with mine. I got a titanium and man to me it sounded pretty bad. No matter what striker I put on it , it just plain sucked. My next least used surface would be ceramic. Not that it sounds bad , but the few I have ran just seem too high pitched for me with little or no rasp on the back end. I still carry one in my vest , but really find myself never using it. I'm sure it will call birds but my lack of confidence in it causes me not to give it a fair shake. Ok so what's everyones least 2 surfaces?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

drenalinld

Copper.

I have a titanium Mad's call in plastic pot. It is killer!

scoot12

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

SS Calls

chuckward

Jbird22

Ceramic and Glass are my least favorite.

I'm a little surprised at how many folks don't care for Copper. My Yingling Copper is one of my absolute favorite calls. I also really like Cyrstal and Slate.

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

wvlimbhanger

slwayne

At this point I only own Crystal, Slate and Aluminum pot calls and Aluminum is definitely the toughest of these for me.  The aluminum call is from a top shelf callmaker who gets lots of recommendations on this site so I know it isn't the call.  I just need to commit the time to practicing with it to get it figured out.  The slate and crystal calls run very well for me so those are what I carry into the woods and the aluminum has just gotten neglected.

Hillbilly yelper

I see a lot of you guys are not liking ceramic! Try one of Jimmy Schaffer's from Oakridge Custom Calls! His ceramic is awesome!
Tim
New email: lmurdock@k12.wv.us

Ctburdchasr

I hated aluminum until my daybreak call came in the mail, I would say the two I have the least desire to put in my vest is the ceramic and the blasted glass, my scuffed glass calls sound great In comparison.

Gooserbat

Probly blasted glass, or crystal.  It sounds good if you'r standing 30' away which is what matters, but in the hand it has a tone I just hate.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

tomstopper

Aluminum. Surprised at how many on here don't like copper and ceramic. These are 2 of my favorites. To each is own and whatever works.....  :)