OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Platz calls

Started by Mossberg835, February 16, 2015, 01:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg835

For those who have some what is your favorite if you could just take one with you?

letinmfly

I have a slate, glass and a crystal call with an aluminum on order.  Out of the three I have now I would say the crystal would be my choice.  Then again I'm partial to crystal playing surfaces.
All three sound really good and the sound files of his aluminum calls, I've heard, are very impressive as well.  You won't go wrong with any of Paul's calls!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

scoot12

His cherry aluminum for me.  but his glass, crystal and slate will be with me also.  Scoot

hunter22

Here's one that will see a lot of vest time for me this spring. It is his Cherry slate/glass. Great sounding call. I am also showing some strikers I will run with it. Top to bottom are a Fred Cox Yellowheart, Harold Fowler one piece Dymondwood, Dad's Monkeywood, Bill Lyman Persimmon, and a Platz Hickory. These strikers will give the range from high pitched young hen clear to deep, raspy mature hen.

Triple B

Cherry slate/glass and his Walnut double glass are both excellent calls,and I have both.But then again I'm partial to slate and glass pot calls.As far as strikers,Lyman snakewood which will run anything.Platz Hickory and dymondwood,and a Steve Torman dymondwood.I also have a persimmon  striker handmade by a friend on the forum,that is death on a slate.

MikeStaten

I have his walnut pot with crystal over slate.  He said I have the only one that he ever made with that combo.  It sounds and looks great. 

scoot12

Mike,  I talked with Paul the other day and he was raving about that combo,  congrats.  Scoot

mgm1955

If you look in the soundfiles you can see and hear Paul playing 3 of his calls. Should help.

REBELYELL

I like all of them. All of Paul's calls are vest worthy and full of turkey. He makes a darn good call.

Clockwise from the top; maple slate/glass, cherry aluminum/slate, walnut glass/glass and laminated ceramic/slate.   

This one is in route to me. Walnut crystal/cherry

A new little soft talk call me made me a few months ago.

He makes a killer striker too, both one piece and two piece.

scoot12

Jody,  If you would just forward that walnut crystal over cherry soundboard to me that would be great.  Thanks a ton Scoot  great collection there