OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2015 NWTF Callmaker Awards

Started by Britton40, February 15, 2015, 07:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYTURKEY

Frank is on his game right now. You got a great call coming no doubt

hunter22

I sure would like to see the calls you got from him after the convention. But the prettiest call I have seen that he made was the one he made your daughter back in the fall. What was that, Ebony and Flamed Box Elder? 

KYTURKEY

Yes it was it Rickey. If you want to see the calls, go stalk Osage a Roost. That's the only place they have been posted, so I know you are stalking over there.

hunter22

Can't get on there and sure don't want to. I had a friend send me the pic and the post about what great friends you and Frank are. Sounds like a great mutual friendship, a contest judge and a callmaker.

KYTURKEY

I'll put it to you like this Rickey, I very been on this site for one day, ONE DAY. You want to start calling me out. You don't know me from anyone. You think you are the person in the world that can be friends with call makers. Just because I'm a VOLUNTEER judge, I can't be friends with callmakers?  I've said it to you before, I'll say it again. If you don't like it, you become a judge, you spend your money on an extra night of hotel and food, get no thanks for doing the job, and we will let everybody set back and bash the hell out of you. Oh, by the way, don't be friends with anybody because you are now a judge!!!  You are joke to the turkey hunting community and life in general. There were 4 other judges there besides me. 3 of them don't know Frank or Jeff. So if you think I am the reason they won, you are wrong. I'm sure I'll get the boot for this reply, and I don't really care if I do or not. But, I'll be damned if I'm going to let you sit back and run your mouth. Even though that's what you seem to be really good at.

hunter22

Congrats to you on the fine calls you got. They sure look good in the pictures I was sent.

Old Gobbler

Nice calls , and congrats to the winners

I'm hesitant to say something to this thread , for fear of pissing off folks - but I will say I am proud to say Ricky is a friend of mine , and I have got to know him over the years and I know him as a man of high moral integrity and a stand up guy - he also knows his stuff when it comes to turkey calls and nobody can deny that - let's all get along now

Now to the contests , we could have a apple pie baking contest and I'm sure that there is going to be some elated winners , and some not so happy contestants in every contest you have winners , you got losers it's the way it is - some of it is sour grapes , some of it is voices of true concern - they eat and Taste  the pie in the apple pie eating contests by the way - I'm sure somewhere there is a apple pie baking forum , and as we speak aunt Betsy is going to blows with Molly cause someone got the upper hand

If I were asked to judge a turkey call comp , first I would be flattered that someone would think so highly of my half gone hearing , and my pride would tell me to go ahead and judge the thing , but in the end the result would be some " friction" cause I do know a few callmakers , I fact I'm very good friends and business partners with many of them and the term would be " recuse" myself for a conflict of interest -

It's been mentioned many , many times that the format needs some addressing , last year there was a issue, this year is some drama , I'm friends with many who have won and would like to stay on friendly terms - but constantly I see openly people mentioning that there needs to be " blind tasters test" so to speak for the contests , I could be wrong , I could be right - but I think perhaps that there should be a additional format or contest added to the nationals , I see this as a revenue gain for the federation , if it does well ...... Expand it to fit needs

But I've always kept to the doctrine of " my turkey calls do all my talking" in the end that's what's most important , at least to the gobblers it is

Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Hillbilly yelper

Hey, I volunteer myself for the apple pie eating contest...ummmmm good! :z-winnersmiley:
Tim
New email: lmurdock@k12.wv.us

hunter62

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 22, 2015, 07:36:42 PM
Nice calls , and congrats to the winners

I'm hesitant to say something to this thread , for fear of pissing off folks - but I will say I am proud to say Ricky is a friend of mine , and I have got to know him over the years and I know him as a man of high moral integrity and a stand up guy - he also knows his stuff when it comes to turkey calls and nobody can deny that - let's all get along now

Now to the contests , we could have a apple pie baking contest and I'm sure that there is going to be some elated winners , and some not so happy contestants in every contest you have winners , you got losers it's the way it is - some of it is sour grapes , some of it is voices of true concern - they eat and Taste  the pie in the apple pie eating contests by the way - I'm sure somewhere there is a apple pie baking forum , and as we speak aunt Betsy is going to blows with Molly cause someone got the upper hand

If I were asked to judge a turkey call comp , first I would be flattered that someone would think so highly of my half gone hearing , and my pride would tell me to go ahead and judge the thing , but in the end the result would be some " friction" cause I do know a few callmakers , I fact I'm very good friends and business partners with many of them and the term would be " recuse" myself for a conflict of interest -

It's been mentioned many , many times that the format needs some addressing , last year there was a issue, this year is some drama , I'm friends with many who have won and would like to stay on friendly terms - but constantly I see openly people mentioning that there needs to be " blind tasters test" so to speak for the contests , I could be wrong , I could be right - but I think perhaps that there should be a additional format or contest added to the nationals , I see this as a revenue gain for the federation , if it does well ...... Expand it to fit needs

But I've always kept to the doctrine of " my turkey calls do all my talking" in the end that's what's most important , at least to the gobblers it is

Shannon

Thanks Shannon!

TauntoHawk

10 turkeys are placed into separate sound proof rooms, each call maker gets 30seconds with each bird to make them gobble as many times as possible. Most total gobbles gets the ribbon

Now more importantly, where's this pie im hearing about  :drool:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>