OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cody Calls

Started by ChuckH47, February 11, 2015, 07:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

TarheelTurk

Great calls , used em up until we started making our own pot calls . Love the calls and like the rest said many birds fell to their sound !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

Shed Antler

I have several, Woodsman glass, Drop dead green slate. The drop dead green slate has a real turkey sound has a real nice high pitch for slate. both have been responsible for the death of several turkeys.

mdtkyhntr

I like the Holei box, and have a number of their pot calls. They sound great.

MS

I have a SPEC I glass and a SPEC I Legend, which only comes in slate.  I have approximately 250 calls of all varieties, and I can honestly say these are within the top 5 in terms of sound quality (rollover, rasp, consistency, playability and results from use).  They are expensive, but, I recommend everyone consider getting their hands on one to hear for themselves.

870camomagnum

I have almost all the Cody line of calls & killed many birds using them! Whoever said they have 1& use it for doorstop send me pics & price & I will gladly put it to its intended use! They are some of best calls ever made n I have a few of most calls out there on market!

turkey_slayer

I got 2 when Bill wasn't as well known. I started notching one every time one died. I would only be holding the soundboard now if I didn't stop. Great calls with great roll over. Spec 1 and world class are top notch

callmakerman

Which would you rather have in a slate. The spec 1 or the world class and why. Been thinking of picking one up but can't decide which one to get.

Onpoint

Quote from: callmakerman on May 27, 2015, 06:34:07 AM
Which would you rather have in a slate. The spec 1 or the world class and why. Been thinking of picking one up but can't decide which one to get.
Also interested in this. And thoughts on the legend would be appreciated too. I'm going to get one of the 3 but just not sure which to get

PALongspur

Spec 1. Hands down.

gar

Spec 1, World Class or Spec 1 Legend. You would never be dissapointed with any of them.

greentag

yep,yep dont use them as often as other calls i have but theres not a thang wrong with them,really like the woodsman slate.they make a good call.

MattinIdaho

I picked up a Cody ll slate years ago on the cheap. I only pack 2 pot calls and that is one of them. Im addicted to custom pots so using a production pot doesn't seem quite right but that call runs like a million bucks so what are you gonna do?