OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

11-87 Choke Nitro/Magblend/Hws

Started by wolverines, February 09, 2015, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolverines

I've been thumping birds with my 3" 11-87 21" for some time.  Used to shoot EFull Rem choke and Rem Nitro 5's they served me well until I was introduced to Nitros.  I've been shooting Nitros and Magblends over the last few years out of a Jellyhead .665 and have been pleased.  I was preparing to buy a box of Nitros to cover me for the next few years but ran across some negative posts about their quality.  I'm now wanting to hit the board and try some of the HW 7's.  I shoot these out of my 20 ga. and have been pleased.  Does anyone have any chokes that work well with the 11-87 and HWs?  Should I stay with the Nitros or magblends?

Rem Man

Keep that Jellyhead and rock Mag Blends out of that baby!!!

Gobble!

Heard good things about TruLock chokes and those Federal HWs.

obro

If you where happy with Nitros and mag blends why would you let someone's opinion change your mind ? Your personal experience with the load in your setup is more important than someone's opinion on a forum . They may or may not know what they are talking or may have a purpose for talking bad about another product .

Spring Music

Quote from: obro on February 09, 2015, 06:10:14 PM
If you where happy with Nitros and mag blends why would you let someone's opinion change your mind ? Your personal experience with the load in your setup is more important than someone's opinion on a forum . They may or may not know what they are talking or may have a purpose for talking bad about another product .

This is spot on.....A few negative posts about something you have had tremendous success with !! In the "words" of "Uncle Ted, "Are you kidding me"... Until it gives you a bonafied reason to "sing the blues" keep throwing those Nitros and Mag Blends at um...Keep "dancing" with the Ol girl that's been good to ya.......

Borat

.660 rhino. You will never look back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk