OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

So how do you make money to support the habit?

Started by FttFttVroom!, February 08, 2015, 10:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FttFttVroom!

Just curious what everyone on the team does to support their families and their passion of hunting these awesome birds.  I myself am a machinist at Charles Machine Works, Inc.  or more commonly known as Ditch Witch.  We are the world wide headquarters for the company and build it all right here in Perry, Oklahoma.  I've been employed here for eight years now and things just keep improving as far as production and increased market share in a highly competitive area.  You may have seen our machines along side the road installing pipe, cable or fiber. 
  If you would, please share what you do or plan to do if you are between opportunities.  I'd like to get a chance to better know my team mates and liven up the conversation as we wait for the season to roll around.

willy8457

makova

Project Manager for a Fire protection company, we install sprinkler systems in buildings.
mike

bowhunter2k9

Romans 8:38-39

Ericbrooks

mwr

Retired from AT&T for 31 years, and 9 years at BassPro. In Tulsa, OK..
                                                                                                         Mike

eddie234

I am the chief of police for my home town. Been in the force for the past 25 years and was promoted this past July. Now that I do the schedule I hope to get in the woods a little more.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Ctburdchasr

Plastic injection mold maker and tool and die maker....60 hour weeks don't leave much time to hunt, but I take one week vacation for spring turkey one week for early bow/ bear and one week in the summer for the family.....

Bigsho69

BigGobbler

Water plant operator for the mouse and part time at academy sports and outdoors in the hunting and fishing  section

FttFttVroom!

That's pretty cool big gobbler.  I always appreciate finding someone who actually hunts and fishes when I am in the sporting goods section.  I'm pretty pumped to be getting an Academy Sports very close to me in Stillwater, OK.  That makes it only a 20 minute drive and I can avoid the Edmond/OKC city traffic!

BigGobbler

Yea i like it very much working at academy its fun. It has hurt my hunting time but i have gotten some time in the woods. Been out 5 times only heard one gobbler one day and thought it was going to happen but some knuckle heat started singing on a crow call for 10 minutes straight. lol  I have put some guys on birds that came into the store that were looking for there slam and two of them killed gobblers i put them on,that makes it worth my while and glad i can help someone out. headed to North Carolina next week to do some hunting maybe it will be my turn to roll some heads.