OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beard Hunter Turkey Calls

Started by M Sharpe, February 08, 2015, 08:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M Sharpe

I met Russell Beard the very first time he came to Perry, GA. Since that meeting we have become the best of friends, talking to each other every day, and sometimes 2 or 3 or 4 times a day. We've exchanged several calls down through the years. But, this year Russell just blew me away. I had sent Brian Aliff one of my business cards to draw me a logo from so I could put on some shirts and caps. Little did I know where else they would show up, but here is where............

Man, I just stood in awe!!! Russell, my friend, you are a class act!
While there, I also picket up a long box made of bloodwood over walnut. Man, what a box too! Walnut is like fine wine, it just gets better with age! Next I picked up one of his new single-siders....yellow-heart with mahogany soundboard! Two more very fine callers. Thanks Russell, you're a good a friend as a fellow could ever have !!!

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

mgm1955

Mark , looks like you struck the jackpot there. Those are some fine looking calls. The pots are beautiful and getting Brian to add his artistic talent was a wonderful gesture by Russell. Two awesome boxes as well. Congrats to you and a great friend. Looking forward to seeing you in Nashville and to getting myself one of those sweet one siders.

sbbow

Very nice on everybody's part!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkTurkMan

Those look great Mark. I have one of a beard hunter scratch box's that Is awesome.

J Lacey

2020 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2020 GNCC Amateur National Champion
2022 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2022 GNCC Don Chancey award winner

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

packmule

I have ordered strikers from Russell a few times.  You are right, he is a class act and builds some great calls.  I'm glad to see that he's getting some recognition here.  Thanks for posting.

SS Calls

Congrats on some fine calls Mark.  :icon_thumright: The Logo looks great too!

hunter22

Congrats Mark. I know you and Russell are good friends. Great calls from a really nice guy. My calls from Russell are pure turkey.

M Sharpe

Thanks guys!!

Rickey, I got to playing that little one-sider at the show the last couple days. Man, you can get down so low with those kee-kee's. Those little calls are just right to slip in your shirt pocket and go. But, it is also deceptive. There are some full sized turkey sounds coming from that little box as well!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

silverspur

Great looking calls and the design is awesome, hope you have some hats for Nashville!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

hunter22

That little one-sider will be a turkey killer this spring. I plan to carry mine to Mississippi in mid-March.