OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

want a new box call

Started by skimerhorn, January 25, 2015, 03:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

I thought Ed had already been mentioned. Definitely one of the best.

SS Calls

Quote from: callmakerman on January 26, 2015, 09:40:41 AM
What they have already said plus Ed Terefencko. Some of the finest box calls out there.

Ed builds some fine calls for sure.  :icon_thumright:

callmakerman

Quote from: hunter22 on January 26, 2015, 09:49:00 AM
I thought Ed had already been mentioned. Definitely one of the best.
I may have missed it

silverspur

All great callmakers and suggestions. Now, you need to decided on how much you want to spend and when do you need the call.  A lot of callmakers have a waiting list and you need to check into that part of your equation. Pricing of custom box calls vary's and you can spend several hundred dollars or less depending on what you are looking for in a box call.  Good luck, the list here is a good one and do your homework and you will have the call you are looking to order.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

skimerhorn

I'm leaning more towards a long box? I don't have one, and from what I hear they're used for more then locating? I'm gonna look into one of them.

callmakerman

The original thought was that a long box was for locating birds. Now a good long box can be used with no problem to start birds at a distance and finish with soft talk to the very end. Very versatile call in the right hands with practice.

M Sharpe

You're right there Bill!! I can recall seeing Dick Kirby standing on one mountain and playing his "paddle call" to locate turkeys on the next mountain.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!