Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General Discussion

Started by nickhrp, January 19, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonofabuck

I got to hunt 4 days last weekend but was not able to harvest another bird.  I still have a few chances to get after em.  I'd really like to upgrade.

ericjames

Good luck to you and all that are gonna be out hunting. I have 2 days left I'm kinda glad it will be over. Kind of Bittersweet!

Gooserbat

Cut off my shirt tail boys I missed a Solis upgrade tom.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

nickhrp

I have yet to hear a bird gobble
God Bless the Outdoors

cphill

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 29, 2015, 02:21:11 PM
it happens to everybody man..........nick last 2 weeks I have heard very little and what I am hearing is on roost

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

nickhrp

Day and hunt 4 and still not the first gobble seen hens I don't know what the deal is
God Bless the Outdoors

Gooserbat

I'm really hating hens today.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

nickhrp

Day 5 got hens but still no gobbles
God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

Day 6 still not a gobble nowhere
God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 29, 2015, 02:21:11 PM

Been a while since I done that

Illini Tom

filled 3rd and final tag yesterday
was headed home early after a long morning of tangling and losing against 2 toms. changed my mind after driving out and with a little more than an hour before quittin time at 1, swung by another farm a couple miles away
walked in, sat down, first call on a gooserbat double bit and a tom gobbles a couple hundred yards away
call again, another answer, hit him with a couple cutts, a couple more gobbles and he's comin in! 15 minutes later after maneuvering through a dense jungle of multiflora rose he struts out into the clear just 20 yards away
great way to cap my 25th season of chasin longbeards
2 year old tom had 9 inch beard, inch spurs and weighed just under 20 pounds

nickhrp

Guys it's not looking like I'm going to be able to contribute to the team I only have two hunts left and yet to see or hear a gobbler but yall have done a great job and taken a lot of nice birds
God Bless the Outdoors

Illini Tom

keep after em, nick
a lot of birds get shot the last day of the season, including my first one this year

ericjames

Yeah. You'll get one just keep at it. I figure footondaface will upgrade a few times within the next few days. He should be on his first hunt with gooserbat right now.

Gooserbat

He upgraded, in fact we both killed great birds this am.  Here is Andrew's
NWTF Booth 1623