OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 935 Hevi-13 7's Pattern Results

Started by gobblerkiller, March 20, 2011, 05:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblerkiller

Went out today and sited in from Hevi-13 3.5 2.25 6's to 3.5 2.25 7's. After having my stock site not have enough adjustment to get on POI, I went and picked up a set of Williams Firesights. I ended up with 275, is this pretty good? I was using a Jelly Head. Thanks for looking!

BigPeck215

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

OLE RASPY

Ive got the same setup and only got 172 hits but with 6 shot.Im happy with that.Looks good.

archery1

YEAH THATS REALLY GOOD..   DEAD BIRD DOWN!!!!!!
Take a kid hunting

longspur

ILIKEHEVI-13

That's about identical to what I got with the Jelly Head out of my 835.

That's a nice pattern.   :z-guntootsmiley:

gobblerkiller

Thanks guys for all the comments. Just concerned about the killing power at 50 yards with 7's. I know at 40 they were blowing clean through a .25 inch porcelain yard sign!

ShotgunDave

Looks good!  I just ordered a box of 3.5-2.25-6s and a box of 3.5-2.25-7s for my 835.  Can't wait to try em out!

archery1

somebody on here did post a dead turkey from last year.. they were useing the hevi 13 7's and the peelets went through the one breast into the other . the shot was over 50 yds. long. i don't remember who it was but maybe they will see this and post pics of that dead bird.. hope u get um
Take a kid hunting

Gobble!

Do you know what the lot number is on the box of shells? This years or last years?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: archery1 on March 21, 2011, 12:06:44 PM
somebody on here did post a dead turkey from last year.. they were useing the hevi 13 7's and the peelets went through the one breast into the other . the shot was over 50 yds. long. i don't remember who it was but maybe they will see this and post pics of that dead bird.. hope u get um

You are right.  I'll post the thread. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

This will put your doubts to rest at 50yds shooting 7's.  I'll almost guarantee that bird was shot at least at 45yds.  It was a long way, but I felt comfortable when I shot him he would drop.  He flopped like crazy, but he was dead before he hit the ground. 

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,1421.0.html

gobblerkiller

Quote from: Gobble! on March 21, 2011, 12:07:16 PM
Do you know what the lot number is on the box of shells? This years or last years?

These box of shells are from this years lot. I purchased them down at the convention this year.