OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 barrel length

Started by SCDieselDawg, January 09, 2015, 10:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCDieselDawg

I'm starting a new project. It's a 870 with a 26" barrel. Im debating on if I should keep that barrel or swap it out for a shorter one? What's y'all's experience with barrel lengths on the mighty 20gauge?

davisd9

The shorter ones seem to shoot better and are easier to find a combo that works. I have a 26" 11-87 and it does ok, but I am going to buy a 21" barrel or get a 21" 870 one day.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

pauld

I have a 21" on mine. It seems to pattern pretty equal to the 26", maybe a touch better.

01Foreman400

I've got 20" barrels on mine.
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

nyhunter

I have a 870 with a 26" barrel and It shoots very inconsistent patterns .  I have tried several different chokes with both H-13 and federal HW 6 and 7. 

cphill

Guess I am odd man on this mine has 26 and shoots pretty good....maybe not the best but good hunting pattern

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

surehuntsalot

I have a 870 youth with a 21" barrel and it shots as good or even better that some of my buddies 26"
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

I have a 21" barrel  on a 20 gauge 870, if you would like to trade for your 26" barrel.It's in excellent condition.