Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Has anyone seen this EXTREMELY DANGEROUS decoy ?

Started by HoleInTheWall Longbeard, March 20, 2011, 11:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

I hadn't opened this thread until just now cuz I just knew it was going to be about this decoy.  But when I saw it was up to 6 pages long I thought oh no, what's going on.  All I can seriously do at this moment is sit here in complete wonderment.... is that a word?  Amazed, Confused, Bewildered, ahhhhh Lost.

Dude, welcome to the site but as already been pointed out by a few others on the board.  I don't think you have a pray in the world of being able to convince the turkey hunters here on this site of the value of your product.  I just hope and pray that the young hunters of today and tomorrow are not lured into trying to use this product to stalk a turkey.  That right there is a major concern of mine, a young inexperienced hunter popping that thing on his gun and sneaking around in the turkey woods ending up getting blasted by another young inexperienced hunter.  I truly see a Disaster waiting to happen.  I pray that it doesn't but it appears very clearly the writing is on the wall and its just a matter of time before it does happen.   :bible:

OK now... lets talk about better things in life!

jmo
bird

trkehunr93

Quote from: bird on March 23, 2011, 12:49:40 PM
I hadn't opened this thread until just now cuz I just knew it was going to be about this decoy.  But when I saw it was up to 6 pages I though oh no, what's going on.  All I can seriously do at this moment is sit here in complete wonderment.... is that a word?  Amazed, Confused, Bewildered, ahhhhh Lost.

Dude, welcome to the site but as already been pointed out by a few others on the board.  I don't think you have a pray in the world of being able to convince the turkey hunters here on this site of the value of your product.  I just hope and pray that the young hunters of today and tomorrow are not lured into trying to use this product to stalk a turkey.  That right there is a major concern of mine, a young inexperienced hunter popping that thing on his gun and sneaking around in the turkey woods ending up getting blasted by another young inexperienced hunter.  I truly see a Disaster waiting to happen.  I pray that it doesn't but it appears very clearly the writing is on the wall and its just a matter of time before it does happen.   :bible:

OK now... lets talk about better things in life!

jmo
bird

Well said!

PANYHunter

Quote from: navert on March 22, 2011, 09:33:04 AM

That is terrible that you got shot on private property by a trespasser...I hope the person that did that was prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  Based on your experiences, I fully understand why you would be leery of fanning, hunting with decoys, or just hunting at all.  To me it seems like the issue is with trespassing and/or irresponsible hunters, not hunting equipment.

Not to :deadhorse:  but I have read a lot of hunting incident reports that involve people shooting their hunting partners that are not trespassing.  If people are get shot by their own partners who know they are in the area, clamping a decoy to your gun will increase the odds of getting shot exponentially.  Yes people need to be responsible hunters and be sure of their target but the decoy is photo quality and if it is moving it may look very realistic.  If it is supposed to fool a turkeys eyes it might fool a hunter as well.  I personally wouldn't want to sell my product that could cause a fatality.  JMO   

Old Gobbler

navert ---

I want you understand a few things here, I think you are a nice person , and I am known for being a very patient man ..... and the members here are nice too --- but ....I have to draw the line at this one -

You may feel comfortable with this product - but I don't -This is a privately owned and operated site , ..... like my house or car it is my property and I make the call on what is acceptable or what goes on here  - I don't owe anyone a explanation  -

There is no way , I mean absolutely NO WAY this product you are marketing will be ever allowed to be discussed , showed or talked about ever again on this forum - I am locking this thread , and there will absolutely never be any talk of this by anyone , or any spin off talk about it allowed on this site ever again , and do not post any link in any manner to any site that has that product sold or talked about ever -

best regards  - Shannon  
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon