OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Has anyone seen this EXTREMELY DANGEROUS decoy ?

Started by HoleInTheWall Longbeard, March 20, 2011, 11:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: guesswho on March 20, 2011, 08:26:51 PM
Did ya'll say they had these at the N"WTF" convention?     
You guys had to get him started again, didn't ya?? ;D :TooFunny:

BoWhoop

Looks like they took a page out of Big Tobacco's playbook, "How to run a business while killing off your customers."

They obviously know how dangerous it is, did you see the disclaimer?

And to think we share the woods with folks who think this is a good idea.  Wow.

Mag10

Dan Mallia

Bowhunter1982

Fofl,that's like dressing up like a deer during deer season. Who thinks of these things. Accident waiting to happen.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

PANYHunter

I'm surprised the guys at Wildgame Innovations didn't think of that first.

ctwny1

This and products like this should be band. Somebody is going to get killed. We hunters need to rip this company up with phone calls and e-mails complaining about this. I'm hoping all States look very hard at this and band the use of this product. Just because your on private property does NOT guarantee your safety. You have to be aware of your surroundings at all times and take nothing for granted.

HoleInTheWall Longbeard

I haven't received a response from "Dumb & Dumber Jr." since sending them my email.

:bartsimpson: :bartsimpson:

S.C.C

Quote from: ctwny1 on March 21, 2011, 08:49:30 AM
This and products like this should be band. Somebody is going to get killed. We hunters need to rip this company up with phone calls and e-mails complaining about this. I'm hoping all States look very hard at this and band the use of this product. Just because your on private property does NOT guarantee your safety. You have to be aware of your surroundings at all times and take nothing for granted.

Lets make it even better...BAN all Decoys!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Jayhawkeye

So, I emailed the Go2Gobbler to see if they would reply.  I seriously thought the decoy was a JOKE website, but I was wrong.  Lmao...

Email sent to Go2Gobbler:
"Hi.  I do have a few questions about your decoy...   Is your decoy made of Kevlar?  What happens when another hunter shoots your decoy by accident when it is mounted onto the barrel?  Thanks for the info."

Here's the email reply from Go2Gobbler:
"Thanks for your interest in the Go2Gobbler.  The decoy is not made of kevlar or any other material that is meant to deflect shot, bullets, or arrows.  Using the Go2Gobbler could be dangerous if the safety instructions are not followed.  The Go2Gobbler is designed to be staked out just like any other decoy on the market.  Our patent pending clamping mechanism takes it one step further by allowing hunters to clamp the decoy to the barrel and "Go2" the turkeys that will not come in to a staked out decoy or to calls.

If you have ever "fanned in" a bird or have held a fan and attempted to stalk "henned up" birds before, then you will appreciate the benefits of having a decoy/fan that actually clamps to your barrel.  In a way it makes this type of hunting safer by giving the hunter an extra hand so he isn't trying to balance holding a decoy/fan in one hand and a gun in the other.

Again, thank you for your interest."

Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

SKFOOTER

They had a booth at the convention in Nashville last month.  I stopped and told them that was the most unsafe thing a turkey hunter could do. 

HoleInTheWall Longbeard

Quote from: Jayhawkeye on March 21, 2011, 01:20:48 PM
So, I emailed the Go2Gobbler to see if they would reply.  I seriously thought the decoy was a JOKE website, but I was wrong.  Lmao...

Email sent to Go2Gobbler:
"Hi.  I do have a few questions about your decoy...   Is your decoy made of Kevlar?  What happens when another hunter shoots your decoy by accident when it is mounted onto the barrel?  Thanks for the info."

Here's the email reply from Go2Gobbler:
"Thanks for your interest in the Go2Gobbler.  The decoy is not made of kevlar or any other material that is meant to deflect shot, bullets, or arrows.  Using the Go2Gobbler could be dangerous if the safety instructions are not followed.  The Go2Gobbler is designed to be staked out just like any other decoy on the market.  Our patent pending clamping mechanism takes it one step further by allowing hunters to clamp the decoy to the barrel and "Go2" the turkeys that will not come in to a staked out decoy or to calls.

If you have ever "fanned in" a bird or have held a fan and attempted to stalk "henned up" birds before, then you will appreciate the benefits of having a decoy/fan that actually clamps to your barrel.  In a way it makes this type of hunting safer by giving the hunter an extra hand so he isn't trying to balance holding a decoy/fan in one hand and a gun in the other.

Again, thank you for your interest."

Holy Crap !!

jayslim