Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Has anyone seen this EXTREMELY DANGEROUS decoy ?

Started by HoleInTheWall Longbeard, March 20, 2011, 11:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoleInTheWall Longbeard

I contacted them and ripped them a "New One"for putting this stupid and potentially lethal decoy on the market.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hunters-edge.com%2Fgo2gobbler.shtml&h=c7719

Bonjour

Yeah, that looks like a good one. Lets put it on our guns and go sneaking around some public land. Some people just don't think when they put something out on the market.

longspur

HoleInTheWall Longbeard

Quote from: Bonjour on March 20, 2011, 11:44:21 AM
Yeah, that looks like a good one. Lets put it on our guns and go sneaking around some public land. Some people just don't think when they put something out on the market.

Exactly ... even on private land at any time you absolutley don't know what kind of a trigger happy nitwit is either gonna sneak up on your setup or someone in a vehicle shooting a rifle from it, is gonna blast away at you....
  Yep, I sure want to be crawling across a field while hidding behind a fanned out gobbler clipped on my barrel !!!!

Un freak'n believeable !!!!

Hognutz

I believe that I would like the ''Hat'' version of that decoy. That would really fool 'em.. :o Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

KYFrid

They had this piece of junk at the NWTF convention. They had this guy working the floor who would walk right up to you and demonstrate how it works. I wanted to punch him.  :angry9:

handcannon

"Crouch down low and move slow to the gobbler". How absolutly retarded is this? And for only $69.99! This is about the most dangerous gimmick I've ever seen on the market. As a montana decoy I guess it would be fine but if someone actually clamps this thing to there gun barrel they are just asking for it. One of these days it will happen too. You watch. Dang this is stupid!

shootumindaface

Quote from: WVFrid on March 20, 2011, 12:17:20 PM
They had this piece of junk at the NWTF convention. They had this guy working the floor who would walk right up to you and demonstrate how it works. I wanted to punch him.  :angry9:
Probably a good thing I did not come across their booth..

HoleInTheWall Longbeard

If that dangerous piece of crap wasn't so pricey I'd buy one and ad it to my call collection (along with a case of squeal'n hen calls) and use it in all the hunter saftey courses around here to show new hunters what NOT to use and do while hunting birds.

:TrainWreck1:

Jay

Well, there's an accident waiting to happen. We had a young man on his own land killed inside a laydown Goose decoy by a guy shooting from the road with a rifle. This could end up the same situation very easily.

HoleInTheWall Longbeard

Quote from: Jay on March 20, 2011, 12:33:34 PM
Well, there's an accident waiting to happen. We had a young man on his own land killed inside a laydown Goose decoy by a guy shooting from the road with a rifle. This could end up the same situation very easily.

:agreed: 1,000 %

njdevilsb

Wow.  I seriously don't even know what to say about that.  Some people have absolutely no common sense, and you know somebody is going to get hurt if they buy into using this.

simpzenith

I showed this to my girlfriend and told her I was going to get her one for this spring and she replied, "I don't want that ridiculous looking thing!" I asked her why and she said the colors were all wrong. When I asked "What about the fact that it mounts to the end of your gun and you might get shot" she says, "Oh, that too!".  :TooFunny: