turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gunsmith needed

Started by wareagle22, July 21, 2014, 09:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wareagle22

I need a gunsmith who can cut and re-thread a 20 gauge benelli barrel.  I have a 26" barrel that I want cut down to 22" and can't find anyone who can tap a benelli barrel. 

WV Ridge Reaper

Call Rob Roberts at Gobbler Guns..If anyone will do it he will,But I am going to bet and say he won't.

Yoder409

If the 1st suggestion doesn't pan out, try Wright's Gunsmithing in Pinckneyville, IL.  I have used them and have been VERY impressed.

Google them.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

The Cohutta Strutter

Mike Orlen  is another suggestion... Strutter.
Anybody seen America lately?

firedup

Steve Cale at Timberline.  He has done exactly that same job on a gun for me.  Not a Benelli but.....  Tell him LT sent ya.

http://www.calesgunsmithing.com/

chris30br

This question has been asked before and I wouldn't try it. Benellis are thinner in diameter towards the middle of the barrel. Not a good idea at all.

gobblergls

The late Oregonian gunsmith Stan Baker was a  pioneer in  screw-in choke work by bulging the end of the barrel and inserting screw-in chokes.  My first turkey gun was a 2.75" Ithaca M37 that he did in the late 1970's.  I don't know if there are any current proteges of his technique.  It seems like your mind is made up to get it done.  Unless your barrel is "broken", you might reconsider the need to "fix it".  ;)