turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

.45 Colt in a .410 Shotgun?

Started by allaboutshooting, August 15, 2014, 11:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

This is a subject that keeps coming up in Internet forums and chat rooms. With the fall seasons upon us and many more hunters and shooters afield, it seems appropriate to address this subject.

http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=701

I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

d.winsor

Good posts, hope you get a lot of views.

trkehunr93

It's alarming that someone would actually attempt to shoot a .45 Long Colt thru a .410.  Just because they see a product and think "I can do that!"  Scary!

allaboutshooting

Quote from: d.winsor on August 18, 2014, 08:37:59 AM
Good posts, hope you get a lot of views.

I appreciate the positive feedback.

If just one person who might be considering that, reads the post or the article, it will have been worth the effort.

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Quote from: trkehunr93 on August 18, 2014, 09:26:27 AM
It's alarming that someone would actually attempt to shoot a .45 Long Colt thru a .410.  Just because they see a product and think "I can do that!"  Scary!

Many of us have shot guns for years and like anything else that we become familiar with, we can easily forget the inherent danger of them. Driving a car/truck is pretty much the same. We can easily forget the potential for destruction that a motor vehicle has, when improperly operated.

The same can be true of our guns it seems. Using any cartridge that is not designed for a specific gun can be a real disaster.

I've seen some strange things over the years.

Thanks,
Clark