turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Today's Call Makers Keeping The Tradition Alive, Vol II

Started by paramedic_hood, July 09, 2014, 02:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paramedic_hood

I have started a list of call makers who want to be featured in Today's Call Makers Keeping The Tradition Alive, vol II.  I am accepting anyone that wants to be included; however, I am limiting it to the first 100.  To be included in the book all you have to do is make calls by hand without the use of CNC machines.  I do not discriminate as to who can be included in the book.  I feel like everyone that makes a block of wood turn into a functioning call is part of the history of today's call makers and that is part of the history I am preserving.  If you would be interested in being part of the book let me know and include your e-mail address and I will get you more information.  I am planning on having the book complete and released in July of 2016.  I know this is two years away but vol 1 took me nearly 16 months to complete.  Their is alot of work that goes into putting together a book like this. 

If you were featured in vol 1 and would like to be included again let me know.  This book and all future books in the series will have two sections which are newly featured call makers and previously featured call makers.  The previously featured call makers will not have a biography just updated call pictures with what page they were featured in previous edition.

Thank you for your time and I hope you consider this opportunity to be part of a call collector book.

Austy

You can add me to the list for Vol # 2.  You did an awesome job with Vol # 1!!!  Keep me posted and again thanks for all of your work!!!

paramedic_hood

Book space is filling up quickly.  I will accept around 25 to 30 more call makers.  If you are interested contact me via private message or e-mail me at john@lowercreekgamecalls.com 

This book will be broken up into two sections.  A newly featured call makers section and a previously featured call makers section.  If you were featured in vol 1 I will be contacting you sometime in 2015 to see if you are interested in being part of vol 2. 

Thanks, John Hood

FinBonZ

I was in the first and would appreciate being in Volume 2 if there is room.  Let me know!  Thanks!!

pappy

John, are you going to be setup at Nashville this February? Would love to see ya and see the display of calls donated to the cause for the first book. Pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

gobblerhunter

I would like to be included. What do I have to do?
Bill

mgm1955

I'm a collector, not a callmaker but I really enjoyed the first book and look forward to the next. To all callmakers, you are true artists and are part of a tradition that needs to be kept alive and remembered for future generations. Thanks for the book John and to all of you for the great things you do.

Sanatorium

michael c

Hi my name is Mike Casselberry and I have been making calls for forty years and would be interested in being featured in you new book.  I live in Pennsylvania and would like to talk with you.  Please reply to this message or call 570-659-5350

cowhornyelper

Sent you an email asking to be included, if there is room.  Not many (or any?) of us that make the Cowhorn/Winbbone yelpers any more.  I only make a few, when I can get the materials.
cowhornyelper