turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Blessed

Started by West Augusta, June 20, 2014, 09:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Augusta

Most people are lucky to have a father.  I have been blessed for 55 years to have had 2 Dads and 2 Moms.  My Mother is a twin.  My father met my mother through his best friend when he was in the Marines.  Dad and Uncle Don married a set of twins.  Dad and Uncle Don were closer than any set of brothers I have ever met.  It was Uncle Don that taught me to shoot as he was on the Marine Corp rifle team.  The man could shoot.  Dad and Uncle Don instilled my love of hunting and fishing.  Some of the worst scoldings I got growing up came from Uncle Don.  He also led me on the path as an electrician that led me to my career as an Electrical Engineer.

At 83 years old with emphasima and a pace maker, Uncle Don could still work most 20 year olds into the ground and come up for more.  He flat wore me out on many occasions.  I had to make him let me till the garden for him. 

This morning at 4:37 am I got the phone call that nobody wants to get.  It was Uncle Don in a very labored voice asking me to get up there and take him to the emergency room.  He didn't wake Aunt Martha, he didn't want to worry her.  He knew that I would take care of him.  I jumped and ran.  Stopped and got Dad and told Mom to call 911.  When I got there he was still with us but having great difficulty breathing.  We tried to talk to him and keep him.  I took off to meet the rescue squad.  Dad held him as he took his last breath.  Not a good day.

Uncle Don was a devout Christian and there is no doubt in my mind that he is in a better place.  I'm sure that my cousin Mike who passed away 2 years ago was there to meet him.

If you could, say a small prayer for my Uncle Don tonight.
Thanks.
Steve
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

hunter22

Steve,

I hate to hear that. I know how close you were to him. Prayers from Arkansas for your uncle and your family.

fastford04

Prayers for you an your family brother. May god give y'all peace thru this hard time.

Sent from Tiny's iPhone using Tapatalk

drenalinld

Sure hate to read this. Praying for you and family.

Crawdad

Steve, so sorry to hear of the passing of such a great man, uncle & friend of yours, but knowing where he is now he wouldn't come back if he could. I am looking forward to going to heaven myself, this world is not my home. I pray God will comfort & bless you all as a family.

land cruiser

vaturkey

Prayers sent from Va. for you & your family !  :mycross:
Vaturkey

mikejd

Praying for you and your family.

misfire

Sorry to hear this Steve. But, rest assured,  you will see him again. Till then, take up where he left off
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net