OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many hunt a non camo gun?

Started by TheSportsman, June 17, 2014, 11:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoodsniper

memert116

My Beretta is matte black and I've never had an issue.

WildTigerTrout

I own both camo and non-camo shotguns. The finish on the firearm makes no difference, the important thing is to sit in the shadows and be STILL.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

njdevilsb

I hunt with one of each every year and don't really notice and negative effects with either one.

Swampchickin234

I can honestly say I have never shot a bird with a camo gun as of now.  Either been black or wood/blued. The only thing I've found as far as the turkeys complain, is the headache they get????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS

I've never owned a camo firearm.  Haven't had any issues yet with spooking turkeys.

grayfox

Been turkey hunting for about ten years now & all my birds were killed using a flat black gun except the 1st one which was a woodland camo Mossberg 500 & this year I wrapped my 870 with camo tape.  But I am planning on having it dipped in Mossy Oak Infinity for next season.  Not only for the camo but also for weather protection.

stinkpickle

Gooserbat

I've killed a lot of turkeys and most where with a mat black 870.   No problems for me.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Spring Creek Calls

Never owned a camo gun. In my opinion, any matte finish will work.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

flintlockgirl

my charles daly semi is black synthetic stock and matte black barrel.

PALongspur

I've owned and killed turkeys with both and I don't think you'll see a difference.

My late father killed a boatload of gobblers with an original 870 Special Purpose.