Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sometimes I feel so Alone......06/01/14

Started by pappy, June 01, 2014, 11:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

When I was a kid, I used to go out and find a place where I could be alone. Our household was as dysfunctional as you could get. Both parents were alcoholics and our father was very abusive. Then dealing with 9 brothers and sisters, you could see the need to find a place away from it all. But, now as I have grown older, I see the need for companionship, through my wife and family and friends. But sometimes I feel so alone. WHY? I believe it is due to the negativity all around us. So much terror and dismay. The world seems to be encroaching upon us like lava flowing out of a volcano, covering us with its searing weight, stealing our peace and comfort. Look at everything around you. How is it? Even in our small town (less the 1300) safety is a factor, drugs are rampant, crime is rising, trust is gone, peace is a thing of the past. And this is just on a local stage, think about the country or the world as it stands? I thank God for His presence, some where to go to find some relief and some alone time, time to find solace, to find strength, to face another day. I thank God for my family, my wife, my kids and my grandchildren, for the roof over my head and for what we have in order to live a comfortable life inside this world of complete chaos and confusion.
Isaiah 41:10 - Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
It all comes down to our Faith. As a kid, my faith in my family faltered, as an adult my Faith is strong. Not in just my family but in my God! Through my Faith I can see into the future, envision my family and their successes as they plan their lives around what God wants instead of what the world demands.
Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  I can see their lives protected by a wonderful and merciful God. I can see peace and comfort, strength and stability through Christ, this is what I desire for my family and yours. Being alone, surrounded by the darkness of this world, is not my cup of tea, but being alone, with God is. So, if you ever feel like you are so alone, reach up to God, he will sit with you in the darkness, He will comfort you during those dysfunctional moments, and He will protect you from the onslaughts of depression and fear.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

BOFF

Great message Jack!!

Thanks for sharing.

God Bless,
David B.

BowBendr

Thank you Jack. I needed to read this today.....

Bigspurs68

You come across to me as a good man. I'm glad I read that post. I truly enjoy good company, wether there is anyone with me or not. It's strange how we seek out far away places and when we get there we wish our loved ones could see what we see when we find that place. Does that make sense??
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

KS-Hoyt-Hunter

Great message. I am thankful that you were/are able to find peace with Christ. I cannot imagine going thru life without that constant presence. The wife and I have had the hardest year either one of us has ever gone thru. Thru it all our faith remained strong and gradually we are coming out of it. He is a good God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pappy

Quote from: Bigspurs68 on June 02, 2014, 12:36:38 AM
You come across to me as a good man. I'm glad I read that post. I truly enjoy good company, wether there is anyone with me or not. It's strange how we seek out far away places and when we get there we wish our loved ones could see what we see when we find that place. Does that make sense??
Sure it does. Being alone doesn't mean that you are alone, Christ is always with us, watching over us, sending in the Holy Spirit to comfort us. Wanting to share that with our loved ones is natural, I think that is why God deals with our hearts, as it seems to be the starting place for our love.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Prohunter3509

Guys  that is some heart felt writing thanks for sharing with us.
May god bless

SCGobbler

Thanks Pappy!  I think we all feel that way from time to time.

In Christ,

The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

fastford04

Awesome message brother!

Sent from Tiny's iPhone using Tapatalk

vaturkey

Pappy

That was a very heartfelt message ! Thanks for being so dedicated to God ! God Bless You & your family .  :mycross:
Vaturkey