OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Has everyone had a great experience with the PatternMaster Code Black Choke?

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, May 26, 2014, 10:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3" 870 Shell Shucker

There were a few really positive posts about this choke a couple of months back.

Has the feedback all been positive so far?

It's a $100 choke.  Not the kind of thing I would just buy and try out on a whim.

But I am really curious about it.....

lowoctane

:morning:
Well, I bought one to try, but haven't as yet. I'm wanting to standardize on 3x5 Thugs for my turkey guns. We will see...
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

forcercon1

I shoot the Code Black in my A400 Xtreme with great results shooting Hevi5's, Winchester 6's & Winchester Long Beard 5's.

wibirdhunter

I paid $85 to my door for mine and I'm happy with how it shoots in my a400.

Most chokes cost that much for that gun anyway.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on May 26, 2014, 10:18:30 PM
There were a few really positive posts about this choke a couple of months back.

Has the feedback all been positive so far?

It's a $100 choke.  Not the kind of thing I would just buy and try out on a whim.

But I am really curious about it.....

It's a very low volume product so far and there's not much feedback on it currently.

The number of new chokes introduced each year has slowed but there are still a few. I have not had an opportunity to evaluate that one and probably won't for several months.

It's a very crowded market dominated by a few manufacturers and for a new choke to gain market share is pretty rare, regardless of manufacturer or innovative design.

I'll publish my "Product Test" article later this year.

Thanks,
Clark.
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Charley B

I love mine on my trusty 870 26'' barrel.  I spit some Hevi shot 3'' 2oz no6 or the mag blend 3'' 2 oz and it sure does the trick easily out at 40 yards.  I had previously a Undertaker, a Remington turkey and a Jelly Head.
This combo killed over a dozen birds so far.