only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

call blanks

Started by ky turkey hunter, May 26, 2014, 10:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ky turkey hunter

Looking for some pot call and some striker blanks

mastevt

I make all my own blanks for pots.  Either solid or laminate.  Not hard.  Why would you look to buy when you can make them yourself?  Just curious.   

ky turkey hunter

Making the blanks is not the problem its finding wood besides popular and oak

barry

I have lots of lumber sawn on a bandsaw mill...walnut, cherry, cedar, mulberry, ash, apple and sassafras in 2'',  5/4'' & 1''
If you wanna make a trip to VA I'll fix you up.

mastevt

Quote from: ky turkey hunter on May 27, 2014, 01:34:26 PM
Making the blanks is not the problem its finding wood besides popular and oak

you should contact your local conservation dept. on local saw mills.  I'm sure they would have a listing of all near you.  I get a lot of my wood from  a local guy.  As for exotics, I'm fortunate to have a local hardwood store nearby, but you should check out saw mills.  Scott.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Last Strut Calls

X2 on ebay. Great place to get good wood

William

I have got some good stuff at woodcraft.com

TapTalk Droid Razr MaXX

ky turkey hunter

Rick Howard

NoMoDanSnyder

http://woodbarter.com

The have a few rules that you need to follow after signing up.  Some will post certain call blanks but if you post up what you'd like in the "want it buy" section, there will be more than enough people that can cut  what you need.

| Justin |

I get all of my exotic species at a local hardwood dealer and like mastevt make my own laminated / solid blanks.

+1 on making your own, but obviously this is assuming you have the tools for the job.  The guys who sell 4x4x1" blanks online will no doubt charge you a bit for the saw time.