OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Benelli

Started by 2much2loud, May 19, 2014, 11:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2much2loud

My awesome wife told me to pick out a new benelli for my birthday! I already have a SBE2 ... I would like the new gun for upland birds and goose hunting and back up for turkey(not that I have ever had a problem with the SBE) more for upland.  I am torn between the Super Vinci, Ethos, and Ultra Light. I like the looks of the Ethos but the 3.5" capability of Super Vinci. Help me decide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captin_hook

Dunno about the gun, but does your wife have a sister???? Lol.. :funnyturkey:

allaboutshooting

Quote from: 2much2loud on May 19, 2014, 11:42:01 AM
I am torn between the Super Vinci, Ethos, and Ultra Light. I like the looks of the Ethos but the 3.5" capability of Super Vinci. Help me decide

While I am a real fan of the Vinci, if you plan to use this gun primarily for upland hunting, and have such a generous offer from your wife, I'd have to go with the Ethos. It and the Vinci are, I believe, the first in a line of guns that signal what Benelli has in mind for the next few years.

Frankly, I don't know how you'd go wrong with either of those guns. They are all state of the art and very fine products.

Congratulations.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

vaturkey

Get A Benelli M2  20 Ga. !! You will love it !!  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

CrustyRusty

Go a different direction and get an M4 

outdoors

:morning:    I NEED TO WAKE UP , I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST READ ????
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

VaTuRkStOmPeR

M2 20. 

The Vinci is a fine gun, though.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: 2much2loud on May 19, 2014, 11:42:01 AM
My awesome wife told me to pick out a new benelli for my birthday! I already have a SBE2 ... I would like the new gun for upland birds and goose hunting and back up for turkey(not that I have ever had a problem with the SBE) more for upland.  I am torn between the Super Vinci, Ethos, and Ultra Light. I like the looks of the Ethos but the 3.5" capability of Super Vinci. Help me decide

Here's an interesting evaluation of new guns for 2014 and relates to your inquiry.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gun-shots/2014/05/2014-gun-test-ol-reviews-and-ranks-best-new-shotguns?cmpid=enews05192014&spPodID=020&spMailingID=6556344&spUserID=MTA2NDQ4MzkxMzUS1&spJobID=441951656&spReportId=NDQxOTUxNjU2S0

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

KansasCowboy

M2. I hunt upland birds every week and I take an M2 20 and M212 every time.

beagler

Another vote for the M2. ;D
Never Misses

Dtrkyman

You already have a goose gun, I am a 20 guy myself!  Otherwise I would go ultra light!

the Ward

Well since you said upland AND goose AND backup for turkey I would go with a Vinci with a 26" barrel. I absolutely love mine. Extremely versatile like a swiss army knife lol! Another one you might consider also is the Cordoba, or even the Montefeltro in 20 gauge if it is mostly for upland game. Can't go wrong with any of them really though, they are all great guns! Just depends what kind of hunting you are going to use it for the most. Man, that's going to be a tough decision for sure!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

2much2loud

Quote from: the Ward on May 20, 2014, 05:10:32 AM
Well since you said upland AND goose AND backup for turkey I would go with a Vinci with a 26" barrel. I absolutely love mine. Extremely versatile like a swiss army knife lol! Another one you might consider also is the Cordoba, or even the Montefeltro in 20 gauge if it is mostly for upland game. Can't go wrong with any of them really though, they are all great guns! Just depends what kind of hunting you are going to use it for the most. Man, that's going to be a tough decision for sure!
Do you have the Vinci or super Vinci? If you have the Vinci what do you think of the trigger guard? Does it pinch your fingers when shooting the heavy loads? That's the only complaint I have heard. The super trigger guard was redesigned.

the Ward

It's the 3" standard Vinci max 4 with a 28" barrel. I have never had an issue with the trigger guard hitting my finger and I've shot a ton of 3" mags in it in steel, lead and htl. It's a light gun and got some recoil with turkey loads, so I can imagine how much the 3.5 would recoil, that's probably why they redesigned it. I have read a few reviews where guys had a problem with the trigger guard on the standard Vinci, but I just can't see how it was happening to them. I like being able to swap on my steady grip for turkey hunting in like 10 seconds and no tools and it's drilled and tapped so I just put the red dot on the rail and it's ready to go(after checking the zero) I got the gun for a waterfowl-wingshooting gun, but I like it so much I use it for everything. It runs extremely clean even with dirty steel shot powders, and requires very little maintenance. I bought mine right before they announced the Super Vinci, or I may have got that model instead for the 3.5 capability, but after having mine for 3 years or so I don't regret getting a 3" version one bit. If I had a do over I would have got the 26" barrel gun though, as the Vinci action is long as it is and adding an extended choke in the 28" makes it pretty long for the woods. Other than that the only thing I'm not crazy about is the safety in front of the trigger guard, but I'm o.k with it. If you have any other questions I be glad to answer them if I can....ward