OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sumtoy Chokes?

Started by bassassassin99, May 18, 2014, 03:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassassassin99

Has anyone tried them on a Mossberg 535 or 835?

richards

I haven't used them on a Mossberg, just a Benelli,  will say he makes good stuff and has excellent customer service.

bassassassin99

what kind of pattern do they throww

fountain2

Good choice for the mossy.  I've ran several through my 835.  They will throw some mean patterns.  A .675 should do Ga good.  I've been 330s with one and hevi 7s and 260 with 3.5" #6 long beards.  Been 368 with nitrous and custom size choke

bassassassin99

how far? and I shoot nitros. anybody know how good the nitros shoot with the 535

lowoctane

Ethically,  40 yards is plenty. Plus, this forum strongly enforces 40 yards as maximum allowable...
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Gooserbat

With Sumtoy, your best bet is to call William and tell him what gun you have and what you are wanting it to do.  Listen to what load he recommends and have him build the choke he thinks you need.  I will wager lunch that you will be happy with the results.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

lowoctane

Quote from: Gooserbat on May 19, 2014, 11:57:11 AM
With Sumtoy, your best bet is to call William and tell him what gun you have and what you are wanting it to do.  Listen to what load he recommends and have him build the choke he thinks you need.  I will wager lunch that you will be happy with the results.
What he said... :z-twocents:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

fastford04

X3 ^^

Sent from Tiny's iPhone using Tapatalk

MACHINIST

I bought a sumtoy for my 870 off the forums here and it shoots just a touch better than my Jellyhead with 3.5 longbeard 5's.The hevishot blends strung twice as tall as they were wide at 40.

SumToy

Quote from: MACHINIST on May 19, 2014, 08:53:36 PM
I bought a sumtoy for my 870 off the forums here and it shoots just a touch better than my Jellyhead with 3.5 longbeard 5's.The hevishot blends strung twice as tall as they were wide at 40.

Two different chokes for them.  Now the choke should shoot the 6's or 7's good.  Now that is if you have the good lot of HV13. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

MACHINIST

I will probably not shoot the blends anymore.I have 1 or 2 boxes left and the longbeard shoots better out of the 2 turkey guns I have so thats what I will stay with for a while.A friend shoots spectra shotshells and rants and raves about that so I will give them a try.I will say that out of all the shells I have they all pattern better out of the sumtoy except for my bledns.They are about 2-3 years old so I am unsure what lot they are from.Any way to check?

SumToy

The Mag Blends is are a good shell just not consistent on paper.  Now they are hotter then the other shells so we have to get more aggressive on the choke.   Now the spectra shot I have never shot.  I tried to get ahold of them but never could. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Terry

Sumtoy, what choke would you recommend for a Rem 870sm and the longbeards? I want a fairly open pattern at 20 yards though, I would be willing to give up the bigger numbers at 40.