Chokes for sbe ii

Started by Prohunter3509, May 16, 2014, 05:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spurcollecta

Quote from: allaboutshooting on May 16, 2014, 06:53:34 PM
Quote from: Prohunter3509 on May 16, 2014, 05:07:49 PM
Ok guys I think I am fixing to break down and buy sbe ii
What kinda chokes and shells been working best
With these guns. 24" barrel and what to expect. And people that has these guns are yall happy
With there perdormance. Before I make final decision
One more chance to talk me out of it  lol

Benelli makes very fine shotguns. I've owned them for a very long time. I would encourage you to do one thing however before you purchase that SBEII. I would recommend that you look at the Vinci and compare the feel, balance and how it comes to your shoulder. Then try the triggers on both guns.

The barrels have the same i.d., both are chrome-lined and cryoed but for me, the Vinci fits better, balances better and has no noticeable muzzle flip. The Vinci trigger is also excellent.

I shoot 3" shells for hunting and in competition in these guns. I like and my guns like Hevi-13 with 2 oz. of #6 but the #7s are also excellent. The Magnum Blend shells are quite good but generate a good bit more recoil than the standard shells.

I have found that the key to good patterns with all Benelli shotguns is keeping the bore clean. It's chrome-lined so it can look clean when it's not. It will keep on going and going regardless of being clean or dirty but for most people I know, when they clean the bore, they get much better patterns.

There are a variety of turkey chokes that work and work very well. They all need to be well-seated in the counterbore and checked periodically due to their design. They do not like to be loose! The exit diameter really depends upon the internal geometry that the choke maker chooses. I've seen good to excellent patterns with the Hevi-13 chokes, JEB's chokes, Pure Gold, the Wright's, SSX and the Ambush chokes. All are well designed and excellent products.

I hope that helps some.

Thanks,
Clark

The Vinci's safety is in the wrong place and it was so loud even when trying to be sneaky with it. That's a deal breaker for me in the turkey woods. Other than that the Vinci felt great but I like the sbe2 better

the Ward

My Vinci's safety was stiff and noisy at first but now it's broken in it's just as quiet as any of my other guns. I agree with ya though I don't like the safety's position on the front of the trigger guard but I have learned to live with it. Wish they would have put it on the rear of the guard instead. Like a tang safety best of all but with the Vinci's design it wouldn't be doable.

Spurcollecta

Quote from: the Ward on May 21, 2014, 02:54:07 PM
My Vinci's safety was stiff and noisy at first but now it's broken in it's just as quiet as any of my other guns. I agree with ya though I don't like the safety's position on the front of the trigger guard but I have learned to live with it. Wish they would have put it on the rear of the guard instead. Like a tang safety best of all but with the Vinci's design it wouldn't be doable.

Yeah I just don't understand why they'd put the safety there and mess up a otherwise perfect gun, lol. I like a tang safety too but I like a pistol grip better and they just don't mesh well