OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Clark/ Jameson boys go 3 for 3 in 2 days!!!!!!

Started by chatterbox, May 15, 2014, 04:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

So here is the story boys...........
I told Harrison that with his excellent mid term grades he could go on a hunt with his grampie before school on Tuesday. I knew where there was one really nice tom, and hopefully one of them would score.
So I gave directions to my father-in-law where to go, and off they headed.
I get a call at 5:40. 2 big toms down!!!!!
Here's what happened. The boys got in there around 4. By 5 am the trees were full of gobbling. Harrison gave a flydown cackle, and boy did they like that!!!!
So they see 4 jakes headed down towards them. All of a sudden, the jakes stop and stick their necks up high. H looks off to his left, and told his grandfather not to move. 3 toms in full strut were heading towards the decoys! Once the lead tom was behind the tree, Harrison pulled up and got ready. Once he stepped into view, H dropped him!
The second tom came into view, and my FIL shot and missed the bird twice! The tom takes off, Harrison gives his grandfather his gun, and starts hitting the tom with aggressive cutting. The tom came back! About this time, Harrison's bird kicked a couple times and that was enough for the other tom to commit fully. The bird came in, and Brad toasted him!

Harrison's bird was 19 lbs, 8.5" beard, one spur was 1", and the other was 7/8". Grampies was 17 lbs, with a 10" beard, and 3/4" spurs!
Now onto Wed.....
Not to be out done, I knew there was still 1 tom left in there. I got right into the same spot where the guys set the day before. At first light, it was silent as a tomb. By 5:30 I heard a gobble way down below, and I hit him with my slate. I got a response, so I kept quiet. Then he gobbled closer, and I hit him with my Kaiser glass call, and his gobble cut me off! Game on!!!!!!
I had my gun ready. I saw a hen, then the big guy came into view! His head was snowball white, and he was strutting and spitting to beat the band! Once the girl cleared, I put the dot on his noggin, and let the 835 eat! He folded at about 25 yards!
He weighed a tick under 18 lbs, 9" beard, and matching 3/4" spurs!
What a great feeling! 3 awesome birds in 2 days!

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

WiLL B

guesswho

Can't ask for any more than that.  Congrats to all. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

captin_hook

owlhoot

tomstopper

Awesome. Congrats to you all on some fine birds......

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Terry

beagler

Never Misses

BowBendr

...and that's how you do it !!  :jackson:

Big congrats to everyone !

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase