turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20ga Nitros?

Started by Dtrkyman, May 12, 2014, 05:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dtrkyman

Anyone running nitro ammo in the 20 bore?

chris30br

Save your money, nitro ammo company is a joke! Bunch of crooks is all I can say about em!

wmd

My son and I had good results on turkeys with them last year but didn't get the results on paper that Nitro advertised.  We switched chokes this year and the results on paper were pretty much in line with what Nitro claimed. We had already switched over to the Federal Heavyweights, so we didn't shoot any turkeys with the Nitros this year.  I think they would have done the job though if we had used them!

Dtrkyman

If my friend has the 20ga reloading equipment I am going to get some tss!

wmd

Quote from: Dtrkyman on May 12, 2014, 09:10:32 PM

That is what I will be shooting next year too!  Nitros and Heavyweights will be my backup shells.

hookedspur

I shot Nitro ammo with great results in my 20 and my 12 .
I used 7s in both ,if you can get them I think you will like em.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Bigspurs68

My oldest girl usually carries a 12ga now but my youngest shoots the 20. Both girls have killed a bunch of birds with that gun and nitro 7's. I'll never say it's "the best" load but it has floored birds from 8 to 42 yds. I'm sure I could find a load/choke combo that shot better but it ain't broke so......
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

pauld

Quote from: wmd on May 12, 2014, 09:26:45 PM
Quote from: Dtrkyman on May 12, 2014, 09:10:32 PM

That is what I will be shooting next year too!  Nitros and Heavyweights will be my backup shells.

Nitro's won't touch what you're going to see with the TSS loads. I shoot the #8's and it crushes birds. I'll shoot the HW 7's as well with crushing results too. There's to many options out there that are great to have to deal with a poor customer service from an ammo company.

Dtrkyman

I know the tss is the deal, but I do not reload and am not looking to start, if my friend has the 20 ga reloading gear I may get some, but man is it pricey, itx looks interesting for the price, hell I kill most of my birds with a bow anymore!

pauld

It's price compared to other shells but even at $8 a shell, you figure if you kill 5 birds a year that's only $40 for the season, that's not much at all when you look at the big picture of turkey expenses. I killed 6 birds with TSS and 2 with the HW7's. All were very dead. Heck, I told my buddy I kinda feel guilty about taking 15-20 yard open terrain shots with the TSS cause I know the HW will do. LOL... But, when I've got that stubborn bird that wants to sit behind some vines and branches at 35-40 yards, ohh... that TSS has his number!!!!!