OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

So now that its over,what if anything do you want to change for next year?

Started by jakesdad, May 11, 2014, 11:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

I'll be switching to an FFIII.  My eyesight is starting to suck.

perrytrails

Quote from: renegade19 on May 11, 2014, 02:42:51 PM
Work on being patient and scouting more.

This is a issue for me, hard to make time for scouting. Just gotta do it.

First two weeks of season was rough. Birds weren't talking like they should. I wasn't sticking with the rule to be patient. Took a friend out the third weekend, birds were across a swamp on next ridge by a field. Unfamiliar area so after 45 mins we circled around to field, closer to their roost area. Set up and called for 45 mins. Decided to move down the edge of field.

Across the swamp in the clearing we originally set up in was a large strutting bird. Prob 20 yards from my friends original position. So we tried to set up and call him back. 200 yards behind us, at our 2nd set up at edge of field... you guessed it, another strutter.

I need to pound the patient rule into my head, period. I may have a touch of ADD

Gooserbat

Quote from: Dtrkyman on May 12, 2014, 11:11:22 AM

Need to learn some soft stuff on the mouth call, I can not get soft purrs and wines to save my life :help:

I see that all the time.  Don't over look a good two reed just because it's not cool.  Tones of turkeys are killed with a two reed every year.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Bigspurs68

I'll second the two reed call. A two reed with a setback is great for soft turkey killing music.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

TauntoHawk

Over!?!?! We're just getting started up North  :z-guntootsmiley:

I haven't even started hunting in PA yet
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>