turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Live footage of patterns

Started by SumToy, March 17, 2011, 08:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBiologist

Sum, I know it was not you shooting 80 yds, nor did you approve of it.  I would have a very hard time sponsoring an unethical hunter like that in the future after something like that. 
Certified Wildlife Biologist

knightrider

Quote from: SumToy on March 17, 2011, 12:07:18 PM
The deal with that shot was they had gone 2500 miles it was last day. So he shot. I got on to him about that.  I will try to get the footage of it slowed down.  It not as bad when slow. It was a good pattern just was fallen out the bottom or POA was low.  It open my eyes up to how bad the TK loads are and the distance they will stay. When it is slow you see gray cover the bird. I say big part of load was in 3 foot ring.  This is back to the deal that folks see pattern and think it will kill. It will kill paper but 90% of time not that bird. 
if it will kill paper there is no way it will not kill bird at same yardage if hunter does his part, that is why we pattern to make sure it will hit the bird

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TScottW99

80 yards?  Should be using a rifle at that distance and I don't rifles for turkey hunting.  But shooting that far it would be better for the bird.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

SumToy

That was the way I saw it also.  They worked up the commercial and I was like OK. I have always sold by word of mouth or I shoot mine you shoot yours.   Folks say got to have TV and magazines to get word out.  I am not into the TV deal I just like to build stuff to blow stuff apart. lol  I let the good folks of OG do the rest.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

jdub2041

What's the price on these chokes

SumToy

Quote from: jdub2041 on March 24, 2011, 10:09:05 PM
What's the price on these chokes

65 shipped to your door.  That should be what they sale in the stores for also.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: SumToy on March 17, 2011, 10:31:08 AM
That was some the TV show that put it together.   I dont like the 80 yard stuff but they did it and killed the bird.  I dont want to see more then 65 then you have the 5 yard window.   

Now that was a 870 with forcing cone opened up with a 658 choke.  Winchester Elite 31/2- 5's

So do you think opening the forcing cone up on a 870 will make it shoot the Hevi-Shot loads better?  And how much do you charge to do this? 

SumToy

It will help them.  I have did most my test with just plain gun because that is what the ever day hunter has to shoot.   Now we get 30 bucks to do it.   :icon_thumright:

goblr77