Started by Tbrom, May 06, 2014, 06:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY

21 pounder taken with a junk $15 dollar slate call from Wal-Mart

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: RAY on May 17, 2014, 11:39:00 AM
21 pounder taken with a junk $15 dollar slate call from Wal-Mart
:TooFunny: Enough said!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Yoder409

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 15, 2014, 09:19:52 PM
Anybody seen what the old Lohman Thunderdome calls are selling for on Ebay?  Wow.

Isn't it amazing what ends up being a high dollar collectible ??
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

eddie234

And people complain about spending $30 for a box for heavy 13.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Spitten and drummen

The value is in the eye of the beholder and who will pay what they are asking. Not all custom call makers take extra time to make sure that the calls they make are equal in quality. Some calls are worth more than others coming from the same maker. The truth is turkey calls are like fishing lures , a lot of them catch more fisherman than fish. I own several custom calls and production calls. Just because it is custom does not always mean better. Some of my production calls will blow some of my customs out of the water. That being said , my grandfather killed a many gobblers using a piece of cane thAt he sucked on like a wingbone. The american indian ever used some type of green leaf they blew on turkeys. Does it take a 300.00 call to call up and kill turkeys , no it does not. It does not take a 20000.00 rifle to kill anything walking. A 400.00 rifle has the same results. As hunters we will drop the money if we believe that it will make us better. Nothing wrong with that , but with turkey calls i will never spend more than 200.00 on one and before i do that i will make darn sure its the next best thing to sliced bread. This is just my opinion. To each his/her own.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

firstflight111

I am a die hard quack head ,and yes I would pay 150 and 200 for a good call .any duck hunter that has more then 5 years under there belt ,will say the same thing .I would drop 200 on a duck or turkey call as long as it got the right sound that I want .calling is most important part of the game .

Sent from my C811 4G

CUPPED AND COMMITTED