turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who is still hunting?

Started by woodsman1977, May 02, 2014, 06:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsman1977

Its been pretty quiet around here in the last week and was just wondering who is still hunting or maybe hasn't started yet?

Drthorn

tomorrow is last day..got close to one this morning..came within 150yds before hanging up in the field. this afternoon when I got to my blind I was too late..he was already strutting with 5 hens within 40 yds of my blind!! gonna give it one more go tomorrow, sit all day if I have to.

asmith4

Still trying. Over the weekend had 5 long beards with 3 hens about 200 yards. Had coyotes houling behind me early on. Maybe thats why they wouldnt come in.  Had another 5 in the timber 400 yards away gobbling at every call.   ???

jhcats10

I'm done for the year. Tagged out in Kansas and Kentucky. Good luck everyone

Frank G

Will be out there all weekend, haven't been out for a couple of weeks. For a retired guy, how I accomplished anything when working is beyond me  ??? Need to get that 58 up into the 60s.  :happy0064:

Frank G  In Tennessee

asmith4

Well no luck what so ever. I dont think ill be able to get get back out there. Sorry for the let down :(

headbanger

Sorry men... my honey hole(s) turned into dead silent sour pots and I had absolutely 0 luck with the birds. I did celebrate the birth of a new granddaughter in the middle of the season...2 granddaughters born 2 years apart in late March and middle April gave me plenty of reasons to have a joyus season! Will give it a go again next year God willing :mycross: