Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What choke for Benelli SBE 1/Longbeard 5s???

Started by TheSportsman, April 27, 2014, 12:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

I have a Benelli SBE 1 that I am going to mess with it.  It has never patterned that great, but I am going to mess with it in the next few weeks.  I am wanting to shoot the Win. Longbeard XR 3.5" #5s.  What choke would you guys recommend>?  I do not want anything super tight, just something with good hunting pattern(20" numbers)  The woods I hunt are usually pretty thick and my shots are usually 30yds and closer.  What you guys think? thanks for your opinions

CrustyRusty

Pure gold shot a very even pattern with my sbe.

Longshanks

Quote from: CrustyRusty on April 27, 2014, 01:19:48 PM
Pure gold shot a very even pattern with my sbe.

How did the pure gold do with your POA/POI? Good 30 yd pattern? Just curious cause my pure gold has held true with a number of guns/shells.

SKFOOTER

CrustyRusty

Hi longshanks the pg made very little difference from what I remember, but the gun shot off by a fair amount so I had it d/t'd for a red dot.  The pattern was even out to forty with one of the most even patterns I have ever shot with hevi 6's.  Numbers weren't overboard like some like them on here but there were no gaps at all.  It made me a real fan of PG chokes. 

richards

I'd talk to sumtoy!  He knows his tuff about the LOngbeards.  I'm using his .650 with LB 3-1/2 #4.

Dtrkyman

my jelly head 660 shoots everything I have tried well, of course the hevi stuff performs best! 200-230 at 40

gobblingghost

In my she I have sumtoy 650 but I am shooting #6 longbeards

SCDieselDawg

Try the factory full choke. I shot this yesterday from my new A5 using the factory full choke and 3" #5 Long Beards at 30 yds.