turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My Blackwood Yelper

Started by Austy, April 20, 2014, 06:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

I am finally getting around to making my own calls to use for this years season.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute!!!!
I've had this piece of African Blackwood and Ivory squirreled away for awhile to make myself a Yelper to use for this years season.  This is my first Yelper with an Ivory mouth piece.  When I finished the call I wanted to put a matching Blackwood lip stop on the call but I haven't worked too much with blackwood and had no small off fall pieces laying around.  I put a Text into Dreis3 asking if he had any small pieces laying around and he hooked me up.  As a result Dreis3 ended up with the sister to this call.  The grain in the piece of wood that Dreis3 gave me to use for his call put my personal call to shame!!!!!  Dang I hate when that happens!!!

Thanks for hooking me up Derick and thanks everyone for the look.

Austy

eman375

Wow Austy!  You did it again.  Man, that is a gorgeous trumpet and the one you made for Derick is a real looker too.  I know they both talk sweet turkey.  I love the adjustable you made for me.  I take that thing with me everywhere I go and as you well know, I guard it with my life now because I don't want to lose it--again.  I had it in the woods this past week and although I didn't score, those gobblers loved answering that thing.  Good luck!

Gawhitaker

silverspur

Longbeards / Sharp Spurs