OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Second bird of the season!

Started by Jbird22, April 19, 2014, 01:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird22

Well a week ago today I had an all day marathon hunt but today was a different story. I went with my uncle in hopes of calling one in for him. It started off pretty slow at first light but one finally got going, even though it seemed somewhat half-hearted. We got set up on him and he answered me twice so I shut it down thinking he was likely an older bird. After about 15 mins I gave a soft yelp and had a different bird (on the ground) answer to my right. I motioned for my uncle to move over by me and he did. He got set up and told me he could only see straight and to his right and that if the turkey came to the left I needed to shoot. Well it just so happened that after another 10 mins or so of gobbling/drumming, two birds popped up with 15 yds of us to our left and I got a shot at this one just as they spooked and were about to take off. This was not the one doing the strutting or gobbling. He had a 9-1/2" beard and very sharp 7/8" spurs. All of this was over by 7 which was very welcomed after last Saturday's all but 10 hour marathon..lol We're going to try to take a day or so off of work this week to try to get him one of the two that was doing the gobbling! BTW, did I mention that Hooks Jr Executioner II is a bad muthaluva!?!?!  :icon_thumright:

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

DirtNap647

Byhalia

~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

SS Calls

boomer

JVA54

steveo

Fine thunder chicken ya got !! Congrats

Rokhal07

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your gobbler!!!

Sent from my 1950's rotary phone using Tapatalk

Daryl

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

JALA Strut