turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gotta pick up some osage... PICS ADDED!

Started by lightsoutcalls, March 16, 2011, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Now put on the jeapordy theme song while we sit back and watch it dry...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

spurman

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

TarheelTurk

Very Nice truck load of wood there!! Great find & cant wait to see the calls that come from it.
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

Crutch

You should turn some green then treat with Pentacryl. I know it is an expense of 20 plus dollars for a quart or so, but you could trade out a call for a jar to see how it works. It might be a huge benifit to you if you have never tried it.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: Crutch on March 24, 2011, 09:30:08 PM
You should turn some green then treat with Pentacryl. I know it is an expense of 20 plus dollars for a quart or so, but you could trade out a call for a jar to see how it works. It might be a huge benifit to you if you have never tried it.

I have heard of pentacryl.  Have you ever tried it?  I once turned a slate call out of osage that I had been told was air dried for "years".  The pot warped within a month to the point that it cracked the pot and the slate.  I have stuck to kiln dried osage since then for pots. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

handcannon

Can you imagine how many honey pots you have in the back of that truck? There's gonna be a big yellow corner in your shop for a while. Looks like some fine wood bro.