OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any "FIX" for the 835 forearm rattle?

Started by decoykrvr, April 18, 2014, 04:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old3toe

I have a new 835 and though its not real loose its just enough to make a noise if bumped the wrong way. I took those sliders from wal mart that are 2 5/8" long by 1/2" wide and cut it length wise with very sharp scissors. Cleaned both sides of the barrel with alcohol and placed a strip on each side of the barrel against the top of the slide with slight pressure. The felt is slick so no interferance with pumping and no side to side movement at all. One more thing i done i haven't heard many talk about is clear coating the gun to protect the finish and to slow down the fading of the camo. I Took it apart and hung each piece then wiped it all down with alcohol and let dry. Then put Three coats of the MATTE clearcoat finish on the whole thing minus red dot and choke which was taped off.  Looks very good and actually makes the camo look sharper and brighter. I've carried it quite a bit and its doing good as well as no shine.

jim570

My 835 is the newer model.  Bought it 2 years ago.  It didn't rattle a lot, but the moleskin did make it quieter.