OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

writing on bone before polishing

Started by blackmagic, April 17, 2014, 10:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmagic

I'm in the middle of making a couple of wingbones for a buddy and myself.  I'm making a lanyard stop with a piece  of cut off bone and wanted to write on it.  What should I use to write with.  These are all getting hand polished.

pappy

A black sharpie fine, will work, write what you want then let it dry, then use thin CA glue to go over where you wrote, not a lot, just dab it on. Then you can polish it.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

blackmagic

Thank you very much for the reply.  Please excuse my ignorance, but is CA glue superglue? 

M Sharpe

I use Indian ink. It won't fade nor run. Pens come in all different sizes. But wait till you've done the final polishing.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

pappy

CA Glue is actually called Cyanoacrylate which is a fancy name for super glue in industrial strength. You can find it in any Hobby store, especially where you see remote control planes for sale. Do a search on it and you'll be amazed of its uses, I have been using it for years.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206