OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gluing challenge coin to calls

Started by TarheelTurk, April 15, 2014, 08:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TarheelTurk

We are donating a couple of calls to an annual wounded warrior hunt a local hunting club has every spring. We wanted to add a challenge coin glued into the back of the call and I was wondering what glue have y'all used doing this or something similar or which is best ?

Thanks in advance Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

Spur806

Loc-tite makes a two part 5 min. Epoxy that works great, just squeeze out equal parts and mix together, holds great and dries crystal clear

TarheelTurk

Awesome thanks , drying clear is also what I was looking for thanks

Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

pappy

Plumber's Goop is a great glue for what you are doing. I would also take a forstner bit and drill out a hole to recess the coin somewhat this will protect it from being pulled off.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

TarheelTurk

Quote from: pappy on April 22, 2014, 04:46:49 PM
Plumber's Goop is a great glue for what you are doing. I would also take a forstner bit and drill out a hole to recess the coin somewhat this will protect it from being pulled off.

Thanks Pappy , I used the epoxy on the two then, however I have a few more folks have ordered so I will use goop on those to see. I did use the bit to recess the coins , thanks again

pappy

This pot went to a Texas Ranger he tells me since then (almost three years ago) it has traveled all over with him and still looks like it did when he got it. Plumbers goop.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

wbralo

Thats a beautiful pot Pappy! Really really nice.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Plumbers goop is useful for bout anything!!

TarheelTurk

Pappy I'm sorry I missed that Ranger call you made. Man it turned out awesome !!! Thanks for the help the next ones will be GOOP that epoxy stinks to high heaven lol

fastford04

Wow! What a beautiful pot!

Sent from Tiny's iPhone using Tapatalk