turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Jimmy Schaffers mad hen crystal call

Started by scoot12, April 13, 2014, 07:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Call claimed a 3rd victim on our annual Wounded Warrior hunt, I'd like to thank Rob for his 14yrs of service as an army paramedic and the 4 hard gobbling jakes that marched across a field and flew across a deep stream hammering the whole way to 20yds.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

scoot12

congrats Nate with the great gobs you called up using the mad hen.  Scoot

REBELYELL

The Mad Hen is all business in the woods. It probably wouldn't get a blue ribbon on the stage, but it is flat out nasty in the woods.

gobbler336

TauntoHawk

Quote from: REBELYELL on May 12, 2014, 10:30:57 PM
The Mad Hen is all business in the woods. It probably wouldn't get a blue ribbon on the stage, but it is flat out nasty in the woods.

Rebel I need to get you a soundfile of mine, it does not seem as deep raspy as yours. As you said it does have a very urgent hen sound and its been the most well recieved call in the woods for me this year along with a SS box
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2 strut

A co-worker came back from the Nat'l Convention with 2 of Jimmy's trough calls.  After hearing them, the sound never left my mind.  Finally pulled the trigger and called Jimmy this past Friday afternoon. Well after Jimmy and I spent a lot of time turkey hunting and me listening to Jimmy on the trough as well as the Mad Hen over the phone....  I ended up with one of each.

Let me tell you they sound a heck of a lot better when you have them in your hand.  The Mad Hen has an awesome raspy sound.  And the trough has a little more younger hen sound, which will also be great while his feet are on the stick.  Two of the best calls I have held.

The calls arrived at my house in IL yesterday (Monday).  No clue how he got them here so quickly, I live in the sticks.  Jimmy is a heck of a guy, will take the time to talk with you and was true to his word with me.

Came home from work today and the 6 year old and 9 year old had both of them out giving them all they could.  This will make momma happy when I have to go and order each of the kids a set!!!

Jimmy thank you for your service and I wish you and all the other vets a great Memorial weekend!

goblr77

Quote from: TauntoHawk on May 13, 2014, 11:55:18 AM
Quote from: REBELYELL on May 12, 2014, 10:30:57 PM

Rebel I need to get you a soundfile of mine, it does not seem as deep raspy as yours. As you said it does have a very urgent hen sound and its been the most well recieved call in the woods for me this year along with a SS box

Mine is very raspy as well...all the way through.

oakridgegobbler

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TRYED OUT THE "MAD HEN" POT CALL ! I HAVE A FEW DIFFERANT WOOD COMBOS THAT IM WORKING ON USING THE SAME SPECS AS THE ORIGINAL ! AGAIN ID LIKE TO THANK ALL THAT HAS GIVIN MY CALLS A WHIRL !  ----JIMMY SCHAFFER
OAK RIDGE CUSTOM CALLS

REBELYELL

Quote from: oakridgegobbler on August 13, 2014, 05:30:57 PM
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TRYED OUT THE "MAD HEN" POT CALL ! I HAVE A FEW DIFFERANT WOOD COMBOS THAT IM WORKING ON USING THE SAME SPECS AS THE ORIGINAL ! AGAIN ID LIKE TO THANK ALL THAT HAS GIVIN MY CALLS A WHIRL !  ----JIMMY SCHAFFER

You make a damn fine pot call buddy!

:icon_thumright:

Jody Love

mgm1955

Going to have to order one. The calls of Jimmy's I have are all fantastic.

eastern assassin

old gobblers , purchased this call last weekend, I was at an archery shoot in New Jersey where I live selling my stickbowman hats.  I heard Jim using this call, Im hunting turkeys 38 years , had to check it out, the sound was outstanding, the best I heard, Had to purchase one, this call is a killer, Ill bet on it,  it is reasonably priced. If you are serious turkey hunter order one,,,,,,,,, rich tiberio   eastern assassin  ithaca/10