Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I had an idea that I wanted to run past all the call makers out there...

Started by | Justin |, April 06, 2014, 07:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

| Justin |

Hey guys,

It's no secret that us turkey hunters get a lot of thinking time when we're out in the woods and the turkey's aren't behaving... this morning, I had an idea that I wanted to share with all of you call makers out there to see if there's any interest.

I was thinking it would be really cool if several of us wanted to make calls and swap them with other call maker on the forums.

One way I envisioned this working would be that anyone who wants to participate would agree to do so in the forums, then when we have enough people signed up, we could use a randomizer to select the member we'll be making a call for, and those two members could swap straight across.  (I could handle the matchmaking and post them here).  Alternatively, we could do something more direct like choosing our match... or any other ideas you guys may have.

Anyway, I think this would be a really cool way for us to get to see an example of each others' work and get another call for the vest.

Let me know what you think.
-Justin

| Justin |

Looks like my idea may have been a bust.

One more proposition... Is there a good box call maker out there that would like to trade services with me for a pot call?

M,Yingling

I wouldn't say your idea is a bust  (me I like trading calls ) ,,,,but would say its bad timing to try something ,,,,try again after turkey seasons are done 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

| Justin |

Yeah, I had that thought too. We'll see what happens, and I'll revive the thread another time if it goes nowhere on this attempt.

TarheelTurk

Quote from: M,Yingling on April 07, 2014, 05:11:48 PM
I wouldn't say your idea is a bust  (me I like trading calls ) ,,,,but would say its bad timing to try something ,,,,try again after turkey seasons are done

X2 I don't think it's a bad idea either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

mastevt

Count me in if ya get it up and running!  I'd love to swap a call or two!  As for the box call trade, I got a friend in MS that may.  I'll pm you his FB name and you can give him a shout.   Scott.

| Justin |

Quote from: mastevt on April 09, 2014, 09:40:02 PM
Count me in if ya get it up and running!  I'd love to swap a call or two!  As for the box call trade, I got a friend in MS that may.  I'll pm you his FB name and you can give him a shout.   Scott.

Thanks Scott... much appreciated.  I'll hit him up for sure.