turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Boot suggestion?

Started by Katmandew, April 05, 2014, 04:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katmandew

Need a new pair of "tennis shoe feel" boots for running  and gunning.  Needs good waterproofing and feel and need a EE wide. Ideas?

COssman14

I have Lacrosse 4xBurly they are 18" rubber boots. Best boots I have ever owned. Not sure if you are looking for something like that or a snake boot. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

bmhern

I wear Lacrosse alpha burley sport, for a slip on rubber boot they wear great.

Katmandew

I have lacrosse but don't need those high top boots where I hunt and they are not "tennis shoe" comfortable.   Looking at some at cabelas they look like high top basketball shoes and claim to feel like tennis shoes.  Need that light comfortable feel in an I insulated run and gun boot that's waterproof.

jblackburn

danner makes a pair that I dang near bought earlier this spring.  Walking around the store they felt like tennis shoes, but that's about all I can tell you.  They were either the Jackal or Pathfinder, I tried on both.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

wirtbowhunter

I bought a pair of Danner High Ground boots a few months back. After about two weeks, I bought another pair to wear when I wear the first pair out. They are light and feel as close to tennis shoes in boots I've ever tried.

TJK68

Irish Setter Vaprtrek, very light, comfy and waterproof. I love them so far.

Bigspurs68

I'll second the Danner Highground. Got a pair, un-insulated. Nice boots for covering ground.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

bamagtrdude

I have a pair of Irish Setter that have that "tennis shoe" bottom - they don't sell my model any longer, but they have an updated version.  CAUTION: the waterproofing wears out after a few years.  I had to re-seal mine last year with Sno-Seal; still not perfect (like a rubber boot), but "good enough".  I love these shoes for dry, running-n-gunning days.

My next pair of boots, however, will be the new LaCrosse Mudlite Snakeproof rubber boots; those shouldn't lose their waterproofing, since they're rubber boots.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

backwoods

Danner 63100 series. 11" tall lace up with steel shank and vibriam sole. Have EE width.

DirtNap647

I like the under armour speed freak boots

longbeards

Kenetrek Mt Hunters will last you a live time!

ridgerunner

Quote from: wirtbowhunter on April 05, 2014, 10:35:53 PM
I bought a pair of Danner High Ground boots a few months back. After about two weeks, I bought another pair to wear when I wear the first pair out. They are light and feel as close to tennis shoes in boots I've ever tried.

I bought a pair of the Danner High ground boots in EE width and they are excellent boots..lightweight, breathable, excellent quality...I got mine on Amazon.com for 139.00 best price I've found on them...Awesome boots.

Bama turkey hunter

Danner high ground or jackal
Tony

Bama turkey hunter

Shorbuy.com has the best price on boots you can get a pair of non ins danner high ground boots for 111.96 with free shipping
Tony